BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Thinning Citadel and P3 paints for airbrushing

I will be painting large Tyranid Monstrous Creatures with an airbrush and I would like to use Citadel or P3 paints to match my small Tyranid gribbles. What is the recommended liquid and ratio for thinning to spray?

Thanks!!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Chapter-Master

Water with maybe 10% isypropyl alcohol, roughly 50/50 with paint. Precision isn't too much of an issue, I've found, I just eyeball it and rarely have issues.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Thanks! I appreciate you taking time to help out.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Iron Father

Also if your living in an area with hard water issues, go for bottled / purified water instead of tap.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Agreed - the water here is not fit for painting projects

Chapter-Master

I guess living with water that comes straight from Lake Tahoe makes that not much of an issue out here.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.