BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Dreadknight weapons in 7th edition

Now that the 6th ed FAQs are "gone " how do Dreadknight weapons interact with one another for 7th edition? For example does a Knight with a doomfist and greatsword strike at str 10 AND reroll to hit/wound?
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

I would doubt that, you must choose 1 or the other normally. It's just like a marine captain with a power sword and Power fist, he either hits at 2XSTR AP2 going last, or hits normally at normal str and only AP3. I very much doubt that will be any different for GK's. And I can't find anything in the FAQ's to say otherwise, remember that a lot of things have had their teeth pulled a bit.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chaplain

Are you familiar with the 6th edition GK FAQ which stated that they were intended to function at the same time?
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

That was then. This is 7th, remember that a lot of units had their rather considerable power de-clawed. It could go either way in an FAQ. But for now I would still say no since it isn't mentioned.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Just to give out more opinions on the matter: Our group decided, that if new rulebook does not explicitly say/clarify something that had been previously faq'ed, the old rulings would be in effect until they were faq'ed again.

In GK case:
    - Nemesis DreadKnight: When equipped with sword, 4 attacks total at S10, re-rolling hits, wounds and armor penetration rolls.
    - Nemesis Falchions: Total of +1 attack only.

Might be other removed stuff as well, but those we did encounter this weekend (our first 7th ed. game).