Crisis Suit 2 X Fusion, Vectored Retro thrusters
    Crisis Suit 2 X Fusion, Target lock
    Crisis Suit 2 X Fusion, Target lock
    2 X shield drones

I run this with a commander
    2 X fusion
    Puretide chip, Iridium armor
    2 X shield drones

You run the commander at the front of the unit and the 4 shield drones immediately behind him. This is a very tough unit to crack. And it can engage 2 targets with 4 fusion each. Very good results.
    Does giving the one suit the Vectored Retro Thrusters impart Fleet and Hit & Run to the rest of the unit, or just the one model?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumwarp View Post
    Does giving the one suit the Vectored Retro Thrusters impart Fleet and Hit & Run to the rest of the unit, or just the one model?
    Hit and Run confers to the whole unit. Fleet does not.

It is important to inlcude the drones in the unit if you want to use the fleet as the suits will never get away without the drones. It's not perfect but I found it situationally useful.

Okay, that makes sense. Just wondered about why the one model would get them, thought maybe when he's the last one left he fleets away to try to stay alive

Chaplain

Ok, so template weapons just got much better in this edition. Because they fire simultaneously, you essentially get more attacks, because templates can overlap to get the most models, rather than fire one, and then mop up survivor with the second.

Also,flamers are really cheap in points.

Im gonna experiment with a unit of two, each with two flamers. I may give them a missile pod each, just so they do something on the way to the main, close up target.

Plus wall of death. If those two get charged that's 4D3 hits...

I find firewarriors so good at killing troops that I need the crisis suits to deal with the heavy lifting and hard targets. Though I have been playing with adding in a flamer just for the d3 hits on the charge every once in a while.

If you field a unit with a commander (who doesn't shoot), I like to use 2 weapons instead of TL. It can get much more expensive that way, but destroy a lot of enemies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12