BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Heresy-era Space Wolf Colour Scheme?

Hello all,

I'm doing a Heresy-era Space Wolves army, and I was wondering whether anyone had one of those vignettes from Forge World which shows the correct 30k colour scheme.

I'm tempted to paint them a dark slate grey, but I don't want to invalidate the whole army if FW comes out in a year's time with a lighter, or more attractive scheme.

I have these guys assembled, just waiting for a lick of paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	340 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	9186  

Librarian

One of the reasons my HH Wolves project is on hold, is due to that, I think the RT color scheme had it as Dark Grey,Black, and Red.
    the Dark Grey was like a Fortress Grey with a drop of Chaos black in it, it was really dark.

I'd recommend the 13th company paint scheme from Eye of Terror codex, i think that is pretty close to what RT had them at during the Heresy/pre-heresy times.

Edit: Pages 18 and 19 of the Eye of Terror Codex has close up shots of the 13th company, Codex Grey and Frotress Grey, along with Chaos Black and Boltgun Metal were used. it doesn't list the gold color used, and the teeth and pelts were painted normally. Older book so Older color names, I hope that offers some help to ya.
    Last edited by Mr.Pickelz; 06-08-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Awesome, thanks. I'll dig it out again.