BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default Unbound, What GW Wants You to Buy

Has anyone else seen this crap?

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40-000[/url]

Big fat armies with little descriptions for... whatever.

RIGHT THERE, THERE'S A SAIM-HANN ARMY, AND THE DESCRIPTION EVEN SAYS TO DENY YOUR OPPONENT EVERY OBJECTIVE.

Wow. Just wow. A whole line of Space Marine tanks for 800 USD?
    An otherwise legal army of Tau that just has an extra Hammerhead and Sunshark?

I mean, at least with this, it seems like GW is making the price of a full army really transparent. You can quickly see what you get with these bundles and how much it'll cost you to get all of it in one shot. Kind of telling. A lot of people outside the hobby would gawk at such prices and wonder if we're sane at all.

I'm just amazed, as each description says to 'unlimit' yourself from any restraints, only to put forward.. well... things that aren't really all that great? Special? Ingenious?

I dunno. What do you guys think of this development?

(PS. If the link doesn't work, go to the GW main page and click on the second animated bubble, after the flash gitz at the top)

How dare they try to sell stuff. When will Plcs stop chasing profits? Will this madness never end?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

What do I think? I think for a company that doesn't make competitive rules, its marketing strategy seems aimed at competitive players.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I think I just threw up a bit.....

I guess now we know the abusive aspects of the game are a feature not a glitch
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Hey, I'm just happy they started giving discounts on bundles. (Not that I verified the prices on these.) I really don't think you need to read too much into these "Unbound" bundles, web bundles are easy for them to make. It's like that entire Space Marine Chapter they put together a while back. Something for the web team to do when they are bored.

Chapter-Master

tbh, iv always wanted to play a "pure canoptek" army, but id rather they did it properly and make up proper troops and hq choice ect for it, the bundle doesnt really appeal to me.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Sergeant

What's funny is I already own a canoptek army. Every model but the 20 immortals are robot bugs!! I think I might have a vid of it on YouTube.
    Current armys: World Eaters, Dark Eldar, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Orks, Crons, White Scars, Tau, 30k Death Guard, Iyandan, Deathwing

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Hey, I'm just happy they started giving discounts on bundles.again (Not that I verified the prices on these.) I really don't think you need to read too much into these "Unbound" bundles, web bundles are easy for them to make. It's like that entire Space Marine Chapter they put together a while back. Something for the web team to do when they are bored.
    Fixed it for ya
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

I was really hoping GW would throw something Orky up there that would hint at new codex configurations..

****ing hell people, every one of those armies is thematic and consistent with the armies themes.

'GW are letting me field even more of a thematic Saim Hann army than before, those money grubbing barstuds!'
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast