BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Yeah, basically ( No offense ) the TC is complaining about the cost of his 8 MC he bought and now them being un-usable. I HATE PEOPLE WHO USE NIDZILLAS!!! I mean, have the decency to gamble with some units instead of screamig " LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYY!!! " while charging across the battle field
    Blood Angels: W8 D7 L4
    Skaven: W0 D 1 L0

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Hades Alpha View Post
    What's your thought on this? Do anyone feel the same?
    Actually, I do feel disappointed with this Codex now that I have it and have gone through it.

With the other 5th edition Dexs, there was always something that I found appealing in the book that made me want to play that army. The new Tyranid codex seems very "blah" in comparison.

Alot of stuff in the Dex suffers from "Storm Trooper syndrome" in my opinion When the new IG Codex came out I initially loved the Stormtroopers. Great statline, cool new rules, I liked the models, both new and old. I knew they would be in every army list I made. Then I started making Army Lists, and had a hard time justifying the cost of the Stormtroopers. There was just always a better option to spend those points on.

I kind of feel like the Tyranid options are like that. Everything just seems too expensive for what it does. I've stand down to write up an army list a couple of times and have come away frustrated with the results, as i end up taking stuff I don't like from stylistic point of view. For instances, I dislike Gaunts. But the stupid Tervigon is the early leader for Codex MVP. So do you walk away from an MVP, just because you don't like it's style?

That's my big disappointment....I just can't find a "theme" for my Nid army. I love the Carnifex model, but like the Stormtrooper, the new Carnifex is hard to justify. I live the idea of a Deep Strike Nid force, but you sink a lot of points in MCs in order to capitialize on the DS syngeries. It seems like the previous Dexes had tons of different "themes" and the Nid Dex does not. Maybe it's just the type of thing where I need to just test somethings out and see how they work.....

Quote Originally Posted by Akimbo Lizard View Post
    Yeah, basically ( No offense ) the TC is complaining about the cost of his 8 MC he bought and now them being un-usable. I HATE PEOPLE WHO USE NIDZILLAS!!! I mean, have the decency to gamble with some units instead of screamig " LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYY!!! " while charging across the battle field
    When you assume...well, you might know how the saying goes. Hades Alpha never said a word about having a Nidzilla army, that was just you projecting your own personal views on Tyranid players.

Besides, if you hate Nidzilla, I can't wait to see your face in a few months when you see its new incarnation. Because it's not dead, I can assure you of that.

Oh my god, we're all gonna die. The Tyranid codex is missing the I-win-button.

Grow up girls.

Yeah, the codex contains some disappointments, some lousy written rules, some loopholes.

The amount of pre-release whining is staggering.

As a matter of fact, I like the new codex. I have enjoyed playing them so far. And I think I'm continuing to do so.

I'm not disappointed in them at all.

Chaplain

The Tyranid Codex is NOT Overpowered. It's a very well written and BALANCED Codex.

Sorry there's no Codex Creep here.

First-Captain

The codex isnt underpowered..... i played 1500 yesturday against a friends hyped up uber list of death and i played with a noob list of suicide, i had the bad rolls and only lost due to letting him heroic intervention when he shouldnt of.

Veteran-Sergeant

In our first tourney of the year here, I placed overall 9th and was on table 2 of 36 people with my nids. Then Jwolf leafblower'd me with his IG. It wasn't pretty. Next time....he's mine! lol

So the codex is great and people just need to learn how to play it. Stop whining, grab your sack and go punch people in the face with your plastic army men! wooohoooo!!!!!!

Summary: NIDS effing kick ***.

First-Captain

lol wat i think is new nid players like me, find it OP, old players who used nid b4 obviously find it too hard to think of tactics cus they are used to rushing lol

I played my first game last night with the new dex and meh, i dont have the biggest collection and its not the most killy list out there but i played a list that used to be fun at 1500 points, now we play 1850 so i thought i could realy get all my models on the table, no 350 points got me 2 warriors and a drob pod, every thing else had shot up in price more than my little bugs dropped, some were a better, zonathropes great, some cost more, warriors, carnifex's, and some were worse for more, winged tyrant im looking at you. Only some poor termi saves on my opponants part made it a bit of a fight, so for the models i own its not looking good. I feel like i am being forced to buy the new stuff due to the rules and costs, and thats what has annoyed me, i dont expect them to be auto win, but as they are not my main army i just cant justify the cost to bring them up to par and thats is the problem.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorEvil View Post

That's my big disappointment....I just can't find a "theme" for my Nid army.
    The theme seems pretty clear if you analyze the codex by thinking "the stuff the developers want us to use will be the most effective things."

1. Buy lots of gaunts. Buy lots of carnifexes and warriors to convert into tervigons to enable you to buy more guants. Swarm people with lots of gaunts and 4 tervigons. This is clearly the army list GW wants people to play.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast