BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014

Chapter-Master

Default World Cup 2014

It's about to start, so here's your official BoLS thread to discuss all things The Greatest Sporting Event on Earth.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Olympics aren't until 2016 though?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

A Spain Germany final would be awesome, with Spain winning. Brazil are always a good team, and home advantage will go a long way, but this is one of the weakest sides they have fielded for a while, certainly not in the same league as Spain or Germany. They might still win though, you never know how things will pan out.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I'm not going to dignify that with a response.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

huh?

Chapter-Master

Sorry, that was aimed at Mystery. Some unfortunate post timings there. I agree on Brazil, they looked good going forward but ropey at the back. They won thanks to the referee and Croatian goalie.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Sorry, that was aimed at Mystery. Some unfortunate post timings there. I agree on Brazil, they looked good going forward but ropey at the back. They won thanks to the referee and Croatian goalie.
    Brazil always look good going forward, that's their game and always has been. Attack attack attack. Whilst this years Brazilian team isn't the best they have fielded they still had the pace to leave Croatia standing. Despite rewarding that terrible penalty there was little doubt in my mind the Brazil would win, even being 1 down early on the looked the better team. Still Croatia should go though in their group. Spain v Netherlands tomorrow, that will be a brilliant game.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

oh god it was inevetibile wasn't it a damn thread about football....

It's bad enough all the papers, tv channels and even my damn Yahoo homepage, are going on about it, I get it at work as well, with World Cup promotions on booze and snacks.....

WE NEED to make Bols a Footie free zone, please Big Red, please I beg you....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

yeah, they are always a good team, no doubt about it. and if they do win, it wont surprise me, but honestly they are not major contenders. if the competition were held anywhere else this year I wouldn't rate them at all. tonight's game has certainly done nothing to improve my opinion of them, a couple of extremely bad decisions by the officials gave them the game. Football desperately needs a video referee, and it annoys me so much that Fifa keep refusing. I genuinely don't understand how they can object to something that will make the game fairer for everybody.

Iron Father

I agree totally Kirsten, I really hope we see a European side win again this year. Spain I think are once again the ones to maybe do the job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Olympics aren't until 2016 though?
    The real ones aren't for another 4 years.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast