BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    . Just got a question. How could you fry your own guys? I don't get that part.
    well i had some horms running in,and11" backwards, i almost scattered onto them. the rule says "another" model, not an enemy, so i could have templated my own bugs. which would have been a fitting end for me, i would have argued my way into killing my own models.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shavnir View Post
    I'm talking about altering it so you can designate a location to start the scatter in the middle of enemy troops or impassable terrain. Ignoring your already questionable reading skills there's been quite a bit of debate in the thread, it might do you some good to read it.
    Barely a debate, because when you Deep Strike, you follow Deep Strike rules.

You can place your initial model anywhere on the table. If it happens to be in impassible terrain or any unit, you use the mishap chart.

I can read English just fine. ANYWHERE ON THE TABLE means exactly what it means.

You, and the rest of the argument pack here in this thread, need to learn basic English. This will allow you all to understand what ANYWHERE ON THE TABLE means.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Barely a debate, because when you Deep Strike, you follow Deep Strike rules.

You can place your initial model anywhere on the table. If it happens to be in impassible terrain or any unit, you use the mishap chart.

I can read English just fine. ANYWHERE ON THE TABLE means exactly what it means.

You, and the rest of the argument pack here in this thread, need to learn basic English. This will allow you all to understand what ANYWHERE ON THE TABLE means.
    Once again I'll propose a hypothetical situation that illustrates the flaw with your logic :

If you had a rule that said you could move anywhere on the table could you move into impassable terrain?

BuFFo's "logic" has more holes than a cheese grater, and we must have pointed out a dozen, already. Why do you think one more would have any effect?

If he had enough sense to realize how inane his position is, he'd have realized it by now.

First-Captain

Sigh the mawlock can designate enemy models. only those who play against reg nid players seem to argue against it

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Sigh the mawlock can designate enemy models. only those who play against reg nid players seem to argue against it
    Last I checked the only nid opponent Bean has is me, and nids are my second army.

So aside from you being a troll that didn't read the thread have any other crackpot theories?

This assertion is just inane. You have no basis for making that assumption at all. Point in fact, I have never played against a Mawloc, know no-one who plans to play a Mawloc against me, and don't anticipate that I will see very many Mawlocs at all.

Not only do you obviously not have enough information to justify this assertion, it basically comes with the assertion that I (and presumably everyone else who has taken the same position) have done so because we don't want to have to deal with the Mawloc targeting our units in the manner you claim is possible.

This is just insulting. My position on the topic has nothing at all to do with my opinion about the Mawloc or any imaginary concerns I might have about facing it. I imagine the the same is true about the others you've accused. In fact, Shavnir does actually play nids--and he agrees with me.

So, you're just wrong. Please refrain from this sort of baseless insult in the future.
    Last edited by Bean; 01-25-2010 at 09:33 PM.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    This assertion is just inane. You have no basis for making that assumption at all. Point in fact, I have never played against a Mawloc, know no-one who plans to play a Mawloc against me, and don't anticipate that I will see very many Mawlocs at all.

Not only do you obviously not have enough information to justify this assertion, it basically comes with the assertion that I (and presumably everyone else who has taken the same position) have done so because we don't want to have to deal with the Mawloc targeting our units in the manner you claim is possible.

This is just insulting. My position on the topic has nothing at all to do with my opinion about the Mawloc or any imaginary concerns I might have about facing it. I imagine the the same is true about the others you've accused. In fact, Shavnir does actually play nids--and he agrees with me.

So, you're just wrong. Please refrain from this sort of baseless insult in the future.

Sorry if what I said seems insulting, and yes I admit i was wrong to say that. kindof. However, the rule as intended is really clear from both fluff and the exact wordings within the mawloc, however i must admit that cruddence seems to be a imperial player as while the guard codex seems to be often clear cut there are many stupid wordings in the nid book. Also to say shavnir you seem to say i clearly havnt read the thread. Well I have, its just.... well everyone I know says u can, the GW staff members and every player around me. Let me put it this way. How many points would a mawloc be without the blast plate. about 100 so that means its a weapon which should be aimed. Again im sorry for anything seeming insulting. However it was written late and was not my intention at all. im sorry and will put more effort in future posts.

Chapter-Master

GCSmith,

What you have come across is a simple case of internet argument versus real life play.

This is akin to the old terminator teleporter homer argument. Just because it may seem 'logical' online, does not mean any human being would allow it to happen in real life during a game.

Try to tell a Tyrnaid player he can't DS a Mawloc into a unit, and if he is above 7 years old, he will laugh at you.

These pointless "Warsewer" threads only serve one function; ePeen.

+1
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Sorry if what I said seems insulting, and yes I admit i was wrong to say that. kindof. However, the rule as intended is really clear from both fluff and the exact wordings within the mawloc, however i must admit that cruddence seems to be a imperial player as while the guard codex seems to be often clear cut there are many stupid wordings in the nid book. Also to say shavnir you seem to say i clearly havnt read the thread. Well I have, its just.... well everyone I know says u can, the GW staff members and every player around me. Let me put it this way. How many points would a mawloc be without the blast plate. about 100 so that means its a weapon which should be aimed. Again im sorry for anything seeming insulting. However it was written late and was not my intention at all. im sorry and will put more effort in future posts.
    I agree that it is a shame that it doesn't work, but my posts in this thread have been more a "here is why its broken, here's how to fix it" nature. Unfortunately you cannot base rulings off of GW staff members or players around you if that's not what the rules say. Case in point, the Genestealer tactica they posted to the website recently takes about 3 minutes to find something that would require cheating to make work.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast