BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default When the telly is rubbish(er than usual)

So The World Cup is upon us, which for people like me who couldn't care less means only one thing. 4.5 weeks of telly hell.

I was sick of it before it started. I was gently nerding out to Star Trek The Next Generation, and when the ad break came on? It was all about sodding Football.

Bah I say! Bah and indeed Humbug!

But what do you do when television becomes interminable?

Me, I load up on the DVDs and Blurays.

Currently working my way through Supernatural 1-8 (just started Season 5). And for dessert? I still need to watch all of Space, Above and Beyond, which I've had for best part of a year now.

But because any diet must have variety, I'm also going to procure Space, Black Books and The IT Crowd on DVD.

Anyone else?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Netflix.

I probably watch more on-demand tv than live.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

It might be time for you to watch Gungrave and Trigun, Mystery. Give anime that serious chance it deserves.

Either that or get a gaming PC so you don't notice the telly is crap cause you've stopped watching it anyway...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Banned

Watch K-On. Everyone should watch K-On. And Nichijou. And Plastic Nee-San. And Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san.

But Trigun is also very good.

First-Captain

GitS Standalone Complex....

Enough said

on a more serious note, for me evenings tend to be domanaited by work, when not working putting together all those lovely plastic 40k figures I've been getting half price, still got 50 odd Space marines to make up

But I've been twisted by the dark side and have been making up those DV Choas marines..... to go with the Choas Termies, CM squad and Termy Choas Lord, of which I got all for half price

Yes I've been converted to the dark side lately
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

I tend to listen more than I watch anyway - have you tried audiobooks? I just finished Book III of the Gentlemen *******s series from audible. The reading is superb. You can get Book I - The Lies of Locke Lamora - there as well. I've also listened to Dresden Files, Jacqueline Carey's works, this ridiculously brilliant work of modern occult horror conspiracy called The Rook... tons of great stuff. And it leaves my eyes and hands completely free for painting!

Oh, that's right. I can't type *******s.

Er... Gentlemen Parents-Not-Marrieds?

By the Throne, this is dumb...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Occuli Imperator

I would s****** at your predicatment, but I can't.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Imagine if you were try to s****** at the gentlemans *******s while listening to it in S****horpe.... you'd be buggered

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I also have a work filter.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I also have a work filter.
    So do I, it filters me from doing work

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast