BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Well that was quick, Wave 5 announced, Outrider and VT-49 Decimator, whatever that is

[URL="http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4869"]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4869[/URL]

The Outrider title card is nuts, 360 arc Heavy Laser anyone? And Mara Jade crew member for Imperials. And is that Yssane Isaard burried in the spread as well?

Not sure where the Imperial ship comes from but the thing is massive. And definitely different. 0 Agility, but 4 Shields and 12 hull? a 3 Attack turret is nice, and it's got a ton of upgrades lots, looks like 3 crew, cannon and torpedo...46 points for the expensive pilot, possibly a ship mostly aimed at Epic format?

They note that the upgrades were largely designed by the two World Champions, so it should be interesting to see what they came up with. A few of the other upgrade names that can be made out include Proton Rockets, Ion Torpedoes, a Dash Rendar crew member, and Stay on Target, which is almost certainly an EPT.
    Last edited by Patrick Boyle; 06-13-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Brother-Captain

Yes finally the Outrider arrives. I don't even play this game and I'll grab one of those just for the model as I've always loved that ship. Getting seriously tempted to start this game though as the models are ace and it looked a lot of fun on the episode of Tabletop that featured it.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Yes finally the Outrider arrives. I don't even play this game and I'll grab one of those just for the model as I've always loved that ship. Getting seriously tempted to start this game though as the models are ace and it looked a lot of fun on the episode of Tabletop that featured it.
    Just make sure you read the rules more carefully than wheaton and crew did, they got so many things wrong in that video...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    The Outrider title card is nuts, 360 arc Heavy Laser anyone?
    it's very expensive though (over 50pts on Rendar "naked" without a Gunner, probably somewhere around 46-48 on the cheaper pilots, since you'll definitely want an Engine Upgrade to get out of Range 1 where you'd be sitting dead in the water) - and at that point you're competing with Han Shot First...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

The early write up I did should hit live today with a little background (very little) on both ships.
    It was a rush job yesterday so I apologies for the incorrect info that went on to my blog.

The last upgrade on the Decimatir is a bomb upgrade, not cannon. I should have worked it out because of the bomb rules you get with it and the token
    Check out my ramblings at www.dicehate.blogspot.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    Not sure where the Imperial ship comes from but the thing is massive.
    It's from Galaxies.

*shudder*

YAY! Hadn't even considered the Decimator and yay YT-2400, always loved that ship.

Edit: They have upped the size of the Decimator, it used to me Falcon sized but now they say it is the largest ship yet which makes it bigger than a corvette. Makes sense especially if Lucasfilm ok'd it, the Empire is lacking in tha mid range size ship.

Edit Again: !!!!! Mara Jade and female Fleet Officer cards! *flails*
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-15-2014 at 02:11 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Edit: They have upped the size of the Decimator, it used to me Falcon sized but now they say it is the largest ship yet which makes it bigger than a corvette. Makes sense especially if Lucasfilm ok'd it, the Empire is lacking in tha mid range size ship.
    no, it's the biggest Large Ship (as in, "designed for Standard Play"), which means it's bigger than the Falcon but that's about it. Look at the single base for confirmation
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Oh right, that's what I get for reading these things first thing in the morning.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The Outrider.....

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo, speaking to Dash Rendar
    All right, listen up Sport. First we gotta work on your appearance -- you need to shave and make some attempt at getting a hairstyle. Oh, and pick up a black vest; they look good with anything.. Then there's this "smuggling" ship of yours... You've got no room in it to smuggle anything! Oh wait, you might be able to fit a bag of groceries behind the seat here.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast