BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default International Back Scratching and money saving.

How do?

So, just been poking about The Warstore's website. And goodness gracious me, X-Wing is cheap in the States. As in, what we pay in sterling, they pay in US dollars.

And currently? $1.70 to £1.00, so favourable exchange rate is favourable!

Same goes for things like Magic The Gathering. I buy by booster box, because it's a lot cheaper, and I get pretty much everything I want. US prices are again, pretty much $1 to £1, meaning I'm vastly overpaying the UK. But, Wizards of the Coast restrict international retailer sales (which is fair enough, business decision is business decision after all).

What a world, what a world. So expensive in the UK, and difficult to get stuff sometimes from the US....except....when you're a member of an international community like wot we is.

In short, anyone fancy arranging stealthy spy type drop offs - Using each others addresses in various countries, and then forwarding the goods on? Helps us to bypass producer lead restrictions, without any business risking it's continued supply.

Anyone? Please? Pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top? I'd suggest we simply Paypal each other the cashmonies for shipping etc (we can easily place the orders ourselves by using the website). Heads up and agreement beforehand, and Bob's your Auntie's live in lover, best rate toys for everyone.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

#AustralianProblems.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Indeedy.

I've got no issue with my address being used as a dummy. After all, box turns up, I update the destination, wander to the Post Office, and off it goes to it's correct home.

Adds a bit of time sure, but the potential savings are enormous (especially if ordered from a reputable supplier who gives a decent discount). Very little money need actually change hands as well, on account for the most part the person who wants the stuff can place the order themselves, and bung the address as their agreed Patsy's address. Only cash than need be involved is the 'second shipping' costs.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

There are loads of ways to do it if you didn't want your address given out.

You can use those secure postage lockers that they have in some places.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Ooh didn't think of that!

Though to be honest, I think I'd be wary of sending stuff to an anonymous locker to be collected and sent on by someone I've never met. Much too easy to stiff someone and then just disappear with the goods.

Defo an exercise in trust here!