BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    The question here is more if FNP generated by a psychic power can be used to protect against wounds caused by a perils which is suffered during casting said power, not whether FNP can be used for perils full stop.
    Yep, this.

It was a case that the Wraithseer would get FNP from the psychic ability he was using, upon himself. At the same moment though, he took the Perils. So the 'ordering' of what was happening may have been important as to whether he actually 'had' FNP at the moment of getting the Perils.

Brother-Captain

I would say the power doesn't actually take effect until after your opponent has attempted to deny the witch, and as perils comes before that you wouldn't get the benefits of the power against it. I don't have the rulebook in front of me at the moment though, so I can't say for sure.

The way my mate and I played it is that perils happened before fnp took effect. It seems logical as it does happen before the power becomes effective. Otherwise you would have the situation of:

Roll for power - double 6 - perils - enemy tries to dispel and fails - fnp roll, which is pretty much nonsense; otherwise you do the perils, fnp then he dispels it which would still be nonsense. So yeah, you get fnp against perils if and only if you already have it, but not otherwise. So if another caster had used it for example; then the 2nd caster fluffed and got perils he'd get it.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Please cite in quotes the line you feel is so implicit?
    From the F'n'P USR in the BRB:

"this is not a saving throw and so can ​
be used against attacks that state that ‘no saves of any kind are allowed’, for example those inflicted by Perils ​
of the Warp"

See implicit enough? Jeez
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

You mean explicit? Since it specifically mentions perils, it would be explicit. Implicit would imply but not directly state you could use it on perils.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Perhaps I was being ironic, or perhaps just illiterate....but either way the rules are as they are

Brother-Captain

Feel no pain works against perils, but that isn't what Tom was asking, he was asking if you get the benefits of the power before perils.

Just looked it up in the rulebook. The order for manifesting powers is: Take psychic test, if the psyker suffers perils of the warp it's resolved immediately. Then deny the witch, then if the power gets through you then resolve the psychic power.

Perils happens before the power resolves, so you don't get the feel no pain in that situation.
    Last edited by Anggul; 06-19-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You mean explicit? Since it specifically mentions perils, it would be explicit. Implicit would imply but not directly state you could use it on perils.
    hmmmm... that depends.

It says explicitly that it may be used against perils, but it doesn't not explicitly, or implicitly mean FNP may be used in this instant.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

The second the power is successfully cast it is in effect. The Perils and the casting happen at the same time and so I would say, yes... they get their FNP roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    The second the power is successfully cast it is in effect. The Perils and the casting happen at the same time and so I would say, yes... they get their FNP roll.
    Actually whilst thematically it may seem so, as per the rules sequence it doesn't as the DTW roll has not happened yet.

First step is to harness a WC point on a 4+
    Then check for any perils
    Then check for DTW...
    Then if all ok resolve the chosen psychic power...

The perils comes at the harnessing step, not the resolving step, if the Psyker is wounded before the power is resolved then he doesn't have F'n'P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast