BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Favorite Eldar unit part I, HQ

Hi,

Just for kicks, i was thinking about the favorite units of mine, that see most of the gaming board.

First off, i´m thinking about the HQ´s.

For the 7th edition, it appears, that a Farseer on a jetbike, seems to be the most used/favorite HQ in my army. He has the T4 and the mobility going for him and the separate Psychic phase gives him even more options on the battlefield, fe. Psychic Shrieking first and turbo-boosting on the other side of the table to score points in the shooting phase. Point cost/value is also very good on him. I normally get just the Singing Spear on him and now days, you gotta take the Runes of Witnessing also (option 1). If facing and army, that doesn´t have access of Ignores Cover stuff (fe. Necrons), Mantle of the Laughing God is also awesome (option 2).

Option 1 = 135p
    Option 2 = 175p

Runner up : Autarch (on a bike)

I just get him sometimes, cos some of the armies i face (GK,BA,IG) seem to have ways to interfere with the reserves. Just him on a bike with a Fusion Gun comes down to 95p...

What´s your reference, and why?

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Farseer on jetbike is probably the best option around. His multiplyers outshine every other option in the section while the jetbike is a "must have" for T3 Eldar Warlords.
    I would consider the Spirit Stone Anath'Lan as it is super cheap and helps a lot to preserve warpdice.

For the Autarch... yes... in very small games or in games where a psyker would be useless (and im not going to pick up the avatar). Fusion gun is nice but I rather use a Laser Lance and put him together with Shining Spears

the problem with biking up commanders is that they cannot hide in wave serpents.
    yes the T boost is nice but they still die to a single ST8 shot.

i think gw missed the chance in 7th to give ALL warlords 'eternal warrior' as a boost - we are considering it for a house rule ?

my preference is to go minimalist and hide with a max unit of avengers who at least now get a 5++

spirit seer for really cheap or autarch - sometimes with the shard for a bit of decent cc boost and fearless for objective securing [with the DA]

keeping the hq simple helps to avoid the temptation of 'using' them too impetuously and giving away WL kill !

my favourite hq is Asurman - but he is a little cheesy! [and a bit points xp under 1850pts]

If you hide your Farseer in a wavesperent you wasted points. He cant cast a single spell out of the Sperpent.

Chapter-Master

Karandras.

Why? Because he's scary evil looking. Scary evil sounding. And scary evil in challenges.

Runner up,

Spiritseers for their ability to give runes of battle powers to units other than just grauniads.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

For lower points jetbike Farseer with spear, Spirit Stone of Anath'Lan (and mantle vs enemy that cannot ignore cover saves).
    For bigger points add Phoenix Gem and if you have points for Iyanden ally detachment back him up with jetbike Autarch with Soulshrive and Fusion Gun. That duo is scary, if played right.

Runner up: Karandras (for the same reasons pointed out by Defenestratus)

Favorite Headquarters for Eldar?

That is simple to answer.

The Big Guy Himself - The Avatar

[url]http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111217062238/warhammer40k/images/2/24/Eldar_Avatar.gif[/url]

Back in 2nd/3rd Edition he was a Vortex Grenade magnet but since 4th Edition and the coming of the FoC he rarely ever saw the tabletop because when limited to just two headquarters he usually did not make the cut.