BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Grey Knights Question?

Still learning 7th, but I was wondering what if you have a 10 man squad with psychic brotherhood. I decided to make 2 man squads. I assume they both have the same psychic powers and count as two mastery level 1 psychic squads, or do get possibility two different powers.

Debating on making 10man squads, so if needed I can break them down to 5 man squads... almost doubling the amount of warp charges I can get per turn.
    Last edited by The Girl; 06-22-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: readability - yay touch screen keyboards

Chapter-Master

Brotherhood of psykers is on a unit by unit basis, so combat squads would make one ml1 into two ml1 units. Since everything in the gk book with combat squads has set powers, you stick with those set powers.
    Last edited by The Girl; 06-22-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Brotherhood of psykers is on a unit by unit basis, so combat squads would make one ml1 into two ml1 units. Since everything in the gk book with combat squads has set powers, you stick with those set powers.
    I figured as much, just thought I'll make sure.

I noticed grey knights seem to be a bit stronger and more capable of tackling Daemons now. For the most part I expect a fight vs daemons would be interesting since both sides can throw a lot of dice at each other. For example a 10 man squad with a rhino for grey knights can easily be 3 psykers.

I personally rather lower invulnerable saves over having a pathetic 6+ INVULNERABLE.

Looking more at the Faq I would say the dreadnoughts are looking pretty attractive. The nice thing about adding to deny with an aura is nice. That means most your army will deny on a 4+ and in some cases a 2+. Good luck trying to cast against grey knights with hoods and reinforced aegis.
    Last edited by The Girl; 06-22-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Chaplain

I wouldn't be concerned about powers being cast ON you but instead powers being cast as buffs on your opponent. Taking wounds from Psychic Shriek isn't nearly as bad as an invisible Daemon Prince getting into close combat with your squad. Sadly, Aegis doesn't help when denying these powers.

So... GK Razorbacks on a Skyshield have a 3++ with Sanctuary??? Sounds fun.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Chapter-Master

Dreadnoughts do as well... This may be something to consider...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Nice, a Psyflman with 3++ is pretty awesome. Think I will have to try making a new list!

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    I personally rather lower invulnerable saves over having a pathetic 6+ INVULNERABLE.
    Nemesis Force Swords should still improve that by +1 though, yes? 5++ isn't amazing, but should help some.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chaplain

I think he was referring to Rhinos but yes, you are right about Strike Squads getting a 5++ with Sanctuary is nice.

Chapter-Master

In combat only, and you'd have to roll for the power which probably isn't worth it. Better to roll for Invisibility.I

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    In combat only, and you'd have to roll for the power which probably isn't worth it. Better to roll for Invisibility.I
    But only HQs can roll for invis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast