BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looks like I'll be heading South West.

Might even do a road trip type thing. Pack up a rental car, incluing a tent, and just potter around, see what there is to see at my own pace.

Plus, aforementioned Witch Craft museum is down that way I think.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    I second Bath, and Lyme Regis is very nice. Also Buckfastleigh because they have the abbey, a butterfly sanctuary and the railway - but most importantly lots of otters!

Plus theres Buckfastleigh Tonic Wine made by the Monks, we know how the Scots love a bit of Bucky.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Steve Rogers also likes himself some Bucky.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Ah ah ah. Glaswegians like a bit of Bucky. And meths. And petrol. And gassed milk. And indeed anything to take their mind off the fact they're Glaswegian.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

you could try Hastings, got a lovely ruined castle, built by old William the 1st, a sea life centre though nowhere near as good as Londons one I assume, the old haunted Smugglers tunnels complete with museum, a few miles out each way and you have Eastbourne and Brighton on e way and Camber Sands the other way....

Ah Camber sands, once went on holiday down there while at my first boarding school, the beach is amazing, you can walk out almost a mile across nothing but sand when the tide is fully out, there's a holiday camp nearby the beach which is where we stayed, later on at my second boarding school went there quite often, as the school was in St-Leonards-on-Sea, right next door to Hastings.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Done Hastings to death - I'm just up the line in Tunbridge Wells.

Camber Sands is pretty cool.

Occuli Imperator

Psh, you want castles, Warwick Castle, Kennilworth Castle, Woeley Castle, Tamworth Castle, Maxstoke Castle, Castle Ring (iron age fort), Astley Castle, Cauldon Castle not to mention the Fort
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Ambleside in the Lakes is nice, and it's a pretty good spot to go do everything else in the lakes too (though obviously you'll need a car for it).

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Looks like I'll be heading South West.
    If you do let me know, I live in Taunton and we've a great museum here based in the town's castle. I can show you the local Games Shop too. Be great to meet another BoLS'er.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Psh, you want castles, Warwick Castle, Kennilworth Castle, Woeley Castle, Tamworth Castle, Maxstoke Castle, Castle Ring (iron age fort), Astley Castle, Cauldon Castle not to mention the Fort
    No no no... just no. If you want Castles, then go to Wales. There's more castles per square mile there than anywhere else on the planet! Some really impressive ones too like Cardiff, Caerphilly, Beaumaris, Conwy, Harlech and Caernarvon. Could actually make a touring holiday of it around the coast as most of them were built to secure the valuable coastal lands which had excellent grazing and ports. Lots of other things to see too, like the Roman legion camp at Caerleon, the Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff, Anglesey (ancient centre of the Druids power). And there's loads of Welsh food/drink to sample and enjoy too if you're a foodie like Welsh Cakes, lots of cheeses and ales, Merlyn (A welsh liquor similar too, but better than Baileys) and more.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 06-20-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Occuli Imperator

Three problems with Wales, firstly wales, secondly the rian, and thirdly horrific beer.

Then every historical aspect is all about the rebellions, or John Perrot
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast