BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Race Specific Maelstom of War Mission Cards?

via Gary's [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/_q8x8ZEZE_U/tactical-objective-cards-expanded-deck.html"]mystery dude[/URL]: 6-19-2014

In reference to the upcoming Ork Tactical Objective Cards product:
    They're both different art, and different mission-types.Unique objectives for Orks.

There'll be an article in White Dwarf soon about customizing your objective decks. Decks have a fixed number of cards, but you can draw from the ones available to your faction/race. So for Example: Generic cards, Forces of Disorder and Ork cards could be used in an Ork deck.

This will mean two things:
    1) the chart in the main rulebook is a stop-gap for those who do not have cards, but can never be the same as cards (since for instance, you can roll the same result multiple times, but while there are multiples of the same card in the deck, you will always be at (X-Y) available as one is in your hand.

2) Deckbuilding will provide players with a way to gain an advantage in maelstrom missions, as you can create a deck that compliments your army.

Before people get up in arms of advantage, etc, if anything it just loosens the grip that maelstrom would otherwise place on your army composition as you can play an army you want to play and still compete in maelstrom, with all the fun of random/variation between games, but in a manner of your choosing.

While some of the Ork cards are pretty much reprints of what we've already seen with a couple ork-related typos and names, others are very ork specific.

And never forget, you don't have to use them if you want to just use the regular cards or chart.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

So, in theory, someone could tailor their deck to be lots of "kill stuff with shooting" or something to that effect, thus helping a shooty army? You could even potentially replace most of the "Take Objective X" cards and then not have to move around the table too much.

It'll be interesting to see how that goes. While it sounds like it could be fun, I have to admit that it sounds like another case where they're throwing game balance out the window in favor of being able to sell multiple decks. (And that doesn't even make sense if they're not printing them in high enough quantity to sell.)

"Forces of Disorder "

I thought theyed kicked that stupid concept in the head in 40k,

I'm hoping it gets the arse in WFB to in 9th ed.

This is really no different from Warlord traits- Generic ones in the BRB, and then army specific ones as an option as codices come out.

Chaplain

Oh yeah! More limited print gaming aids that'll be useless in two years.

I could get excited about this if I was sure that these would be available and usable for 6+ years, but they won't be.

I hate to be a kill joy, but with the release of 7th edition GW killed my faith in them keeping with a rules set or mechanic for any significant time.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

These sound awesome.

I cant wait till I draw the "roll a spawn result on the boon table" chaos card, how exciting and invigorating, it really forges the narrative.

I wonder what they are going to call the "deck building" expansion, and whether it will be a supplement or an addition to the core rules.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    These sound awesome.

I cant wait till I draw the "roll a spawn result on the boon table" chaos card, how exciting and invigorating, it really forges the narrative.

I wonder what they are going to call the "deck building" expansion, and whether it will be a supplement or an addition to the core rules.
    I wonder if they are going to come in booster packs with certain objective cards "uncommon" and others "rares" requiring you to purchase multiple packs to get the objective cards you want...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by marful View Post
    I wonder if they are going to come in booster packs with certain objective cards "uncommon" and others "rares" requiring you to purchase multiple packs to get the objective cards you want...
    that would be great, I hope the rares are "Shiny" and obviously they are rare so they should give out extra victory points
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    These sound awesome.

Chances are next June we will see 8th Edition released with the deck building rules hammered in along with another page of Faq/Errata data. It will be a steal at another eighty American dollars.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Chances are next June we will see 8th Edition released with the deck building rules hammered in along with another page of Faq/Errata data. It will be a steal at another eighty American dollars.
    man thats just so negative,

I mean, GW is offering to update the rules for us in a timely fashion now, thats great right? if you cant afford it you shouldnt be playing.

I for one look forward to paying 140 dollars a year of two to find out exactly how infiltration works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast