BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Eldar unit part III, ELITE

Bring in your elite!

This is the one FOC-slot, that got a HUGE boost in the 7th edition. I was expecting (when the Eldar codex came out), that there would have been a chance to "unlock" fe. Scorpions with Karandras as troops, but no. Now...whole new ball game! They can score! This is the one slot, i have least experience in the 7th edition, so i´m relying more on Your experiences. Harlequins are the only models i don´t currently own (pain in da a** paintjob...), but i have yet to use Banshees (still crap, unless in a Raider, then slightly better) or the Scorpions, Fire Dragons in a 7th edition battle.

So, basicly it comes down to using Wraithguard as troops with Spiritseer as my current choice. I used to run with Fire Dragons a lot in the old Eldar codex, and i might have to get them back in with all the vehicles popping up in our FLGC...

So, what´s your choice and have they fared well?

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Wraithguard. I still love my Scorpions but wraithguard are now what fire dragons where before.

Yep,

S10 will ruin everyone´s day
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Iron Father

Wraithguard are brilliant. Great to play, look awesome and a joy to paint. This is my favourite unit in 40k bar none.
    Unfortunately I've sold most of my 40k stuff now due to moving abroad. But once I restart a new one it's likely to be Eldar again.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

They are great to paint and i love the fluff too. Still (again) gotta say, that Illic is my favorite model i have painted.
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Wraithguard are brilliant. Great to play, look awesome and a joy to paint. This is my favourite unit in 40k bar none.
    Unfortunately I've sold most of my 40k stuff now due to moving abroad. But once I restart a new one it's likely to be Eldar again.
    love wraith guard - especially the axes and scythe boys. - problem is without buffing they are just expensive fire dragons - and fire dragons are cute for almost half the points cost - and they are fleet ! st 8 melta isnt much weaker than st10 ap2... so think the elite choice is a no brainer... FIRE DRAGONS [with ghostwalk serpents]

Well the thread title isn't " which elite unit is best", so I'll tell you my favorite elite unit.

Howling Banshees

Yup, you read that right. They are my favorite unit by far. Even in 7th edition. They have been my favorite unit since 2nd edition, back when I didn't even play Eldar but was wishing I could afford to.

What do I love about them? They've got style...they've got class, they've got grace, they've got speed, and they've got power swords and banshee masks. They can run really fast to make their way towards the enemy. They've got battle focus with fleet to make sure they get a good run. They've got shuriken pistols with bladestorm so they can threaten just about anyone. Even opposing Eldar Wraithknights.

I've been practising with them ever since the start of 5th edition (when I decided to play Eldar and put down my other armies) and I'm loving them.

Sure, they aren't the best at killing anyone on a space marine bike but against back field objective holders they have become a holy terror.

For me, I loves me some Howling Banshees!

That´s a pep talk for banshees!

I should make a list for them in the back burner...BTW GW, FAQ with some grenades will you...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

I do love me some Wraithguard.

But as far as I'm concerned, they're Troops; I have no Elites.

Chapter-Master

I too consider WG as troops since I won't ever buy them as Elites.

The elite section itself is my my most overlooked section because, well, the offerings there are rather lackluster.

I don't like space clowns.... never have really.

Banshees, while i love the concept of the uber glass cannon, they are just all glass, no cannon.

Fire dragons aren't worth their new price tag when you consider them next to WG.

That leaves us striking scorpions. I love me the scorpions... I really do... its just that infiltrating in this day and age just isn't possible. They get blown to pieces every time they try to make it in assault. I want to make them work because, next to spiders, they're probably my favorite aspect.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast