BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default What Other Special Characters Should be Lords of War?

The seemingly confirmation of Ghaz as a Lord of War has me thinking "Who else deserves this honor?" Out of the two armies I play (only one I love) I can only think of 2 honestly.

Dante, and the Sanguinor.

For Eldar, I was thinking that perhaps Eldrad, but he's not really a monster like Ghaz is... if the Phoenix lords were to get new models, get buffed statlines.. I could see them becoming Lords of War...

Who else do you think should be the next special character LoW?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

CSM: Abbadon (obvious)
    Eldar: Avatar (as he is one per Craftworld anyway)
    Dark Eldar: Vect with his Dais of Destruction

Chaplain

None.

This is a slippery slope. Putting beloved special characters into LoW slots legitimizing LoW and means that more and more people will want to run them in standard games. After all, how can you fault an Ork player for wanting to use Ghazkull when he wasn't a LoW in the previous codex and if he can take a LoW then you might as well too...

I don't want every game of 40k to turn in low point Apocalypse.

On the other side of the coin, change all 200+ point character models into LoW and then only use them for special themed games. Makes a lot of sense honestly... why should Ghazkull be in every battle. Why is Mephiston leading every Blood Angel army you see these days. Doesn't make sense.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Be'Lakor has the power to take out an Imperial Knight one on one. I don't know if that qualifies him as a Lord of War, but it has to count for something.

Librarian

A Warhound or Reaver Titan as a LOW for the Knight's codex would be hilarious...

Chapter-Master

Should have 2 versions of him in book.

A normal version for 40K and a super fluff matching one for apoc or LoW.

As for who would be good....Abaddon and chapter masters as combat LoW. Characters like Vect would be more suited to be no better in terms of stats but bring a crap ton of extra buffs to the army
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Draaaiiiiiigggooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Vect. Easily. Unless he runs into +2, he's an utter monster. I've heard of him winning games practically on his own. Plus, he's just plain badass.

Vect even moreso if he's on the Dais, as Charon said.

Any and all named Chapter Masters.

Not only is there only one of each in the Galaxy, but also one of each per Chapter. Company Masters are 10 a penny (puntastic!).

Also means you can make them ridiculously hard.

As for this 'legitimising' Lords of War.....erm.....that was done already. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they require further justification for everyone else.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

I literally don't think I've played a game without a Lord of War on one end of the table since escalation hit. They've just become part of the landscape of the game for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast