BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The cull of cool is over...

Hello, good evening, and welcome.

It's all coming back dudes and dudettes. The gutting of army lists conducted in 3rd Ed is definitely being undone.

For those who aren't quite as long in the tooth, 3rd Edition was a much needed streamlining of the game. 2nd Ed, whilst fun had become somewhat bogged down in book keeping. Indeed, if like me you had a penchant for the wild and wacky grenades, the end of turn phase could easily take longer than any other, and combat could be a nightmare. But, sadly it felt like GW had thrown out baby with the bathwater. So many units went bye-byes, and usually they were (understandably I suppose) the wilder and wackier ones.

Lets consider the newly released Orkses. Finally, 16 years later (yes, really....) we have the groovy and fun Mek Guns back, after a fashion. Their rules aren't quite as mental as they were, but they are back. Smashagun, Traktor Cannon, and even a friend from Epic, the Bubblechukka are all restored to their rightful place in any self respecting Orky gunline.

And it's not just the Orkses. Imperial Knights - originally an Epic only unit are now out there, stomping heads and blasting holes in an army near you. And I'm loving it. The colour and character that these units took with them are back!

But....what long gone unit are you hoping to see make a welcome return to the maelstrom of battle?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Sisters of Battle
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

There's always one

But yes, I want them to get a new book. Variety of opponents is just as welcome as a nutty unit from days of yore. And speaking of which..... Fraetaris Militia. They weren't all that great, but by gum they looked cool on the board. Bunch of frothing Imperial Citizen lunatics determined to have at the forces of Chaos - YES PLEASE! Nice counter point to Chaos Cultists as well.

FOR THE EMPEROR! QUICKLY, BEFORE WE ALL GET MURDERED TO DEATH!

Heck, via Forgeworld we're even getting Adetus Mechanicus stuff to play with. Release are slow and steady, and frankly universally gorgeous, even though I'm normally not a fan of steampunk stylings. It's not exactly the old 2nd Ed 'black book o'stuff' Imperial Agents, but it is really nice to see!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Harlequin Jetbikes
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

The actual Doom Rider would be nice.

First-Captain

I think they should bring back Adaptus Aribites and Genestealer Hybrids, which would compliment Sisters of Battle quite nicely, the former to ally with, the later to purge....

Also they should bring back the Fraetaris Miltia as well, and bring back those pointy hood bare chested Chaos Cultists as well, it would be nice to have some proper "Nut Job" cultists back in the Chaos army
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

I'd say the Hop-Splat Field Gun (aka the Splatta Kannon), but unless we get an auxiliary gunz kit (or possibly just sprue) to update the kannon / lobba / zzap gun from Finecast to plastic, in which case it might make it into that, I have a feeling the current Mek Gunz are going to be "it" for the next twenty to thirty years.

So, futile hopes aside (see also: Squats)...

I'd like to see Weirdboy Towers in 28mm.

First-Captain

oh and of course Squats
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Daemon-Prince

Hate to say it but...........

Legion lists! (Not counting FW)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chaplain

Plastic Ambulls, Zoanthropes and Genestealer Magus.
    Yeah, and some Slann while they're at it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast