BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

None of them. Who wants to have to pay out for another HQ on top of their already very expensive big fancy special HQ?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    None of them. Who wants to have to pay out for another HQ on top of their already very expensive big fancy special HQ?
    This.

Either this will be silly.

Or GW will boost the rules for the low characters lat re r and orks are stuffed
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

If they are going to do that, Id rather see a "Lord of War" statline, and a "regular toned down 40k" statline.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    Sly Marbo. He's just that much of a badass.
    You beate too it. I would love to see marbo come back as the ultimate commando.

Veteran-Sergeant

Hmm...

Lords of War should not only be Monsters on there own but maybe buff or enable some kinda of buff maybe a army wide like Chapter tactics or like just his unit gets X...something like that.

I would have to make a list...

Space Marines.
    Calgar & Lysander a must...they are pretty beast at the moment, perhaps Khan, Vukan, Helbrecht & Shrike. I could see the LoW's get quite a few more Wounds, Attacks, It will not die, stuff like that.

Imperial Guard.
    Yarrick, Straken & maybe Creed...because he is a pretty epic character & he can ruin a army with a few good orders...

Sisters of Battle.
    The Saint.

Blood Angels.
    Dante hands down! the oldest Chapter Master...& I could see the Sanguinor too.

Space Wolves.
    Logan Grimnar easily. Bjorn the Fell-Handed a Space Marine from the Age of the Emperor? no doubt.

Dark Angels.
    Grand Master Azrael & maybe Sammael & Belial.

Grey Knights.
    Draigo...maybe Stern & Crowe.

Chaos Space Marines.
    Abaddon The Despoiler, Typhus, Ahriman, Lucius & Kharn.

Chaos Demons.
    Skarbrand, Fateweaver, Epidimius...is there a epic Slaanesh character...?

Orks.
    Ghazghkull...well...you know.

Tyranids.
    Swarmlord & maybe Old One Eye...you know the named Bugs...

Eldar.
    All the Phoenix Lords & Avatar of Khaine...maybe Eldrad, he is 10,000 years old.

Dark Eldar.
    Vect I can see being a LoW...maybe some of the other ones...Lelith, Urien...etc.

Tau.
    Hmmm...Farsight? maybe Aun'Va or a Riptide character...?

Necrons.
    Imotekh The Stormlord & maybe bring back the named C'tan...like more powerful shards, that have more power of the original C'tan like Deceiver & Nightbringer.

they would all have to be close to what Primarchs are like a 6's across the statline...some of the above already do...if not more crazy OP statlines...

Like Calgar...is stats are pretty good...all he would need is It Will Not Die, extra wound, attack...stuff that makes him stand out then a regular Chapter Master, Captain...which maybe be a LoW too...

these guys should not be cheap points wise...300+ points.

they should be able to take on a good chunk of a army...or what Ferrus Manus kinda has...lowers the Strength of shots at him...

maybe something like that or if basic line troops can't kill em as easy...like Lysander should not die to Mob of Orks...in the fluff he would be just smashing though them like nothing...Mob of Nobz and/or Warboss? now that I see that giving him a run for is money...
    Only in death does duty end...
    Imperial Guard W-8 L-16 D-7 Grey Knights(DH) W-6(1) L-8(5) D-3(1) Eldar W-1 L-3 T-1

Not sure about characters; don't even think Gazza should be. Wraithknight though; now that really should have been a GMC. It's as big as a Knight Titan; yet only a normal MC? Really?
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    If they are going to do that, Id rather see a "Lord of War" statline, and a "regular toned down 40k" statline.
    +1 to this. I don't like the idea of LoW special characters flopping around everywhere. They already have a slot - it's called HQ.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Force21 View Post
    Hmm...
    Tyranids.
    Swarmlord & maybe Old One Eye...you know the named Bugs...
    Old One Eye almost needs this. He's suppose to be this ageless, ultimate, indestructible, monster but right now he's just a carnifex that ended up in the HQ section. Give him lots of wounds and some sort of crazy regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by Force21 View Post
    Hmm...

Chaos Demons.
    Skarbrand, Fateweaver, Epidimius...is there a epic Slaanesh character...?
    I think you mean Ku'gath Plaguefather as he is the nurgle greater daemon character. Epidemius is only a simple Herald.

Sorry.. Just had to add my thoughts.. XD

Also, I dont realy think any special character should be a Lord of War..

Librarian

none of them should be a lord of war you were only ever able to take one of them to begin with they are called special characters for a reason. and if you keep this up all you will end up with is players using unbound lists. so yes please go ahead and continue to ruin the game and attempting to make special characters lords of war...
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast