BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    none of them should be a lord of war you were only ever able to take one of them to begin with they are called special characters for a reason. and if you keep this up all you will end up with is players using unbound lists. so yes please go ahead and continue to ruin the game and attempting to make special characters lords of war...
    +1 to this; Lords of War was a daft idea anyhow; a clear marketing ploy no less that was so blatant it hurt. They should have remained 'Super Heavies' and remained in Apocalypse; at least Escalation 'tried' to balance them; now they are silly especially as it's harder to hurt them with D class weapons getting toned down too.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Librarian

For me it's just that it makes no sense when you think about it. A lord or war as I see it is a representation of a titan a tank a primarch. I mean what's next a greater deamon as a lord of war? because if an ork is a lord of war then you will certianly see thoes following suite. It just reminds me to much of 4th edition when they make you ask for permission. like take me for example i have over the years been building an imperial fists force i am up to 500ish points on them and have yet to paint my lysander i tried it sucked to i stripped it.. but the force is built around the idea of him leading an imperial fist crusade fleet. now if these people had their wish i would have to make him a lord of war and then ontop of that buy another HQ to fufill my force org requirements. what if i only want to have a 1st company captain... why do i need to take another character to fufill that role? and seriously gazkull is not on the same power level as a titan. To me that's a lord of war a walking or tracked engine of destruction.
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

I dunno, having Lucius the Eternal as a Lord of War would be pretty cool.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mephiston as a LoW.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234