BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf of Winter View Post
    I just saw this on Faeit... may be a little late to the party, but wanted to share in case anyone hadn't seen it...

Truth? tinfoil? ARGH!!!!!!

[url]http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/sisters-of-battle-models-in-production.html[/url]
    It's Faeit, so more tinfoil than truth.

Nothing listed there is actually new, just more of the same that has been passed down since 4th Edition ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf of Winter View Post
    I'm just hoping it happens. I've been reading the rumor mill for years now, and I have become somewhat cynical about the whole subject, but something "feels" different this time around. A tremor in the warp, maybe! lol!

Not only would it mean I can revive my beloved Sisters, but my friend who is convinced they have gone the way of the short stumpy guys with big guns. One large helping of eating his own words coming up... hehe.

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't do well either, even with the younger 40K crowd, I mean, its the 'new shiny', but I feel it gives a different option for those burnt out on superhuman warriors or bad guys to do something refreshing a new.
    So many things point to it being true. Many rumours from many locations that all actually line up. I actually just started playing maybe 6 months ago, and I believe I have a good 3000 points worth of Sisters built up. I love the army, I love the lore, and I want to see them expanded. And the savings of plastic would be welcome indeed!

Chapter-Master

And for all the crap people on the internet talk about Faeit, they're still correct on a fairly regular basis. And half the time they're wrong, it's often as not because they got some rumors about stuff GW was in fact doing, but didn't get the whole story or GW changed things before release so they're "wrong", but not really. And in the case of Sisters, it's not like they didn't hold off on revamping DE for a long, long, long time, and no one seemed to believe DE would get a new codex until suddenly -bam-, new codex, new models, new everything. There's zero reason to think that they won't eventually do the same to Sisters, especially when many independent sources, many of whom are known to be reliable, have been stating this is exactly what GW is planning to do with Sisters. The only question is almost certainly when, not if.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    And for all the crap people on the internet talk about Faeit, they're still correct on a fairly regular basis. And half the time they're wrong, it's often as not because they got some rumors about stuff GW was in fact doing, but didn't get the whole story or GW changed things before release so they're "wrong", but not really.
    Faeit's been accurate when reposting posts from more reliable rumor mongers as things get close. Anything earlier than White Dwarf leaks, though, he tends not to parse very well and appears to post almost any wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Faeit's been accurate when reposting posts from more reliable rumor mongers as things get close. Anything earlier than White Dwarf leaks, though, he tends not to parse very well and appears to post almost any wishlist.
    But that's basically what BoLS does, too, with the added bonus that they can just repost stuff put on the forums as a new post on the front page. It's an easy way to get a bunch of hits. If you're monetizing your site, that's the kind of stuff you do.

And? I don't think anybody has ever expressed any respect for the BoLS frontpage as a rumour source. Or much else.

Chapter-Master

...you do understand that's exactly what Faeit is, right? A rumor compilation site?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    And? I don't think anybody has ever expressed any respect for the BoLS frontpage as a rumour source. Or much else.
    "And"... It's not fair for anyone who's using this site to go bashing another site for doing the same tricks in order to get hits. That's all. Do I need to actually go into an explanation of how bashing one site while using another means that you implicitly support the actions of the site you're using, which makes you a hypocrite for bashing the other while not simultaneously pointing out the flaws of the current website? Or is that too difficult a concept?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    "And"... It's not fair for anyone who's using this site to go bashing another site for doing the same tricks in order to get hits. That's all. Do I need to actually go into an explanation of how bashing one site while using another means that you implicitly support the actions of the site you're using, which makes you a hypocrite for bashing the other while not simultaneously pointing out the flaws of the current website? Or is that too difficult a concept?
    To be fair, I put as much faith in the BOLS rumor mill as Faeit. Now, posting rumors is fine, but there has been too many cases of people taking any and every rumor at full face value instead of considering them being worth less than the paper they are printed on. Especially when the rumor mill has been more miss than hit for the last few years for anything beyond a week or two, it's hard to have strong confidence in any of them, really.

To be fair, I put as much faith in the BOLS rumor mill as Faeit. Now, posting rumors is fine, but there has been too many cases of people taking any and every rumor at full face value instead of considering them being worth less than the paper they are printed on. Especially when the rumor mill has been more miss than hit for the last few years for anything beyond a week or two, it's hard to have strong confidence in any of them, really.
    In the current situation GW's created, we have a distinct lack of information coming out, so much so that even their own employees are often left unsure what's around the corner. So people want anything they can get, they crave information, even if it's some crazy off-the-wall rumor. With that new environment, websites know they can get a lot of hits just reposting anything that comes along, whether it's likely accurate or not. Everyone deserves blame for that, really. Can't change it any time soon, though. We're stuck just sitting around eagerly looking for scans of the later WD.

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast