BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

'Sisters players get the middle finger'...

Hmmm. I think it a reasonable assessment to state GW have changed the way they do customer engagement. You can see this from the way their internet/social media presence has developed - they are engaging, responsive, troll back at trolls, humorous - and most of my gaming group - even serial haters - are liking the direction.

With production though, changes in policy are like turning a supertanker around. It takes time. GW really aren't saying FU to sisters players - I am fairly sure we will see plastic sisters at some point. Its just that other armies are far more serving of love based on sales alone.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

The last time Sisters had a full release (Codex Witch Hunters) they did really badly, they've sold so slowly they haven't needed to even make them in Resin (please don't give me the "but they were metal" line so were Daemon Hunters and we all know how popular they were and the SoBs had better rules then them as well) You can't blame GW for being a bit reticent people love to talk big on the internet and then not go through with things.

What will make a difference is the the big uptake on the limited ed Canoness model. The fact that it's been bought up so quickly has probably done more for the chances of plastic sisters than all the internet moaning. I'd say that things are looking fairly positive for the chances of Plastic Sisters, what with the mention they got in the Magnus teaser
    Last edited by grimmas; 12-13-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    The last time Sisters had a full release (Codex Witch Hunters) they did really badly, they've sold so slowly they haven't needed to even make them in Resin (please don't give me the "but they were metal" line so were Daemon Hunters and we all know how popular they were and the SoBs had better rules then them as well) You can't blame GW for being a bit reticent people love to talk big on the internet and then not go through with things.

What will make a difference is the the big uptake on the limited ed Canoness model. The fact that it's been bought up so quickly has probably done more for the chances of plastic sisters than all the internet moaning. I'd say that things are looking fairly positive for the chances of Plastic Sisters, what with the mention they got in the Magnus teaser
    I've seen so many shop owners saying that people have been cancelling orders left and right for this book. People who were buying it only for Sisters. The review that BoLS did on it was devastating. It made me want to give up on them. I've been a loyal player for a good while now, and GW actually making them worse when they were already about the worst lone army in the game hurts a lot. And one new resin model, who's rules aren't even in the new book.

Brother-Captain

I wouldn't worry too much about the book, GW are all about the miniature sales and that one miniature sold out in what looks like less than 5 mins, that's a very good thing. Codex Imperial Agents isn't a full SoB release anymore than it's a Grey Knights release. It seems to me they are testing to see if the internet talk is just hyperbole or if it's got substance.
    Last edited by grimmas; 12-13-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Brother-Sergeant

[QUOTE=BlackTalos;562271]I actually like this fact:

Here's to hoping mate, but to be honest, I'm exhausted from holding my breath.... The sooner they realize there IS a market for our beloved Sisters, the sooner they'll be getting more ducketts in their back pocket! as you say, the response to the sell out of this figure should at least be an indicator to them that we're still here, but we're not going to wait forever...

And yes, it still feels like a middle finger to SoB players, this hasn't got anything to do with the 180 they've done on their social media/communications front, but good for them on that. This is more to do with the fact that all they've done in recent years is repackage existing (and now expensive) metal miniatures while everyone else gets a brand new 'shiny' (several editions in most cases!). And, now they discontinued Celestine on top of that? I'm only hoping that with her removal that it is an indicator that she'll be the next model in line to debut a new plastic Sisters line (seriously, they could do a sweet job on a multi-part kit for her), but as I said, my lungs are starting to hurt.
    Last edited by Wolf of Winter; 12-14-2016 at 09:45 AM.
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf of Winter View Post

And yes, it still feels like a middle finger to SoB players, this hasn't got anything to do with the 180 they've done on their social media/communications front, but good for them on that.
    Its entirely relevant - when you look at their motivation - they are going out of their way to please customers - so the production of plastic sisters would do that.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15541870_10211668916337922_102205651699525653_n.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	19466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15590015_10211668916417924_5496587333649470183_n.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	19467
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Occuli Imperator

Those wings would look better on the sanguinator
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

bits swap?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast