BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Codex-Adepta-Sororitas.html"]Black Library page[/URL] states
    Although I'm not sure yet what if anything was actually changed.
    Weirdly I haven't gotten the notice to update my copy of it on my iPad. But I did get an update for Inquisition but other than saying it updated it to 7th edition there was no indication of what changed.

Librarian

Dr. Bored is probably correct in what he says. That's how I fee about SoB rumours.

Veteran-Sergeant

If they put out plastic Sisters, I'd happily buy two units of 10. I'm working on buying small detachments of the Imperial armies to run a grand Imperial Coalition army. Some Sisters would fit beautifully into there.

Plastic sisters (done in the vein of the new tactical marine box), and they will be my 3rd 40k army.

Chaplain

In another one of Games Workshop's truly plot twisting actions, some of these models and squads have been added back to the store but are sometimes labelled as NLA or out of stock.

Celestian Squad
    Adepta Sororitas Command Squad
    Battle sister with flamer 1
    Superior with Chainsword and Bolt Pistol (NLA)
    Seems like there is quite a bit of shuffling around of these models for some reason, which is anyone's guess.
    What I find ironic is that some models like Sisters of Battle Seraphim 1 or Battle Sister with Melta Gun 2 are still numbered, despite there no longer being the sequential previous or next number, making such a label irrelevant.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Chapter-Master

That's why I caution against getting overly excited. Models with low production outputs will periodically appear and disappear off the GW site. It's happened with several other armies independently of getting updates. It's nothing new for Sisters. Not that Sisters won't eventually get an update, but having some models go missing from the site is not an indicator that a new codex is in the works.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    That's why I caution against getting overly excited. Models with low production outputs will periodically appear and disappear off the GW site. It's happened with several other armies independently of getting updates. It's nothing new for Sisters. Not that Sisters won't eventually get an update, but having some models go missing from the site is not an indicator that a new codex is in the works.
    Nothing is an indicator of a new release until GW post videos and announces it officially, or have you forgotten the recently new edition which no one could varify until the last moment.

But, it does let us know something is going on, which with Sisters is always a good thing. With such a weak pulse on the army, any little tremble is worth mentioning.

Also, with how many models have been discontinued out of the '97 and '03 releases, it'seems starting to get worrisome because some squads are down to a single model variation and special weapon. New squads will look like clone troopers. The theory is that something eventually has to give.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

I feel that often, they do what THEY want to do without really bothering with what the players want. If they listened to players, we would have quite a few different things. For examples I give
    1. Squats
    2. Plastic sisters
    3. More alian love from forgeworld
    4. lower prices
    5. editing and loopholes taken care of before actual releases
    The list goes on and on and on.....

That being said, I would love to see this and would get a box or two "just because" even if I never actually used them in a game.

Hmmm.

My brother has an extensive Sisters army. All bought on the cheap years ago during what was quite likely GW's last sale....

Hmmmm. Might be time to harass him into selling them!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Nothing is an indicator of a new release until GW post videos and announces it officially, or have you forgotten the recently new edition which no one could varify until the last moment.
    You mean the one where there were rumors of a new edition floating around for six months? Just because not everyone believed it, or because people weren't sure if it was a republished 6.1 or a brand new 7th, doesn't mean that no one saw it coming.

There's a difference between rumor and speculation. This thread is pure speculation. There are, however, a number of individuals who do in fact have a direct line into parts of GW's process. They're not 100% accurate, for a number of reasons, but usually if a codex is upcoming then someone will hear about it from someone within GW. There's been nothing from the people who know things on Sisters. That doesn't mean it might have slipped under the radar, but it's a more reliable indicator of what might be coming next (or not) than what GW temporarily takes down from their website. Because again, far be it from a new trend, they've been taking models with low production output off the website and then putting them back on very frequently for a while now.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast