BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    thanks for the information hadnt realised they weren't "first founding" Chapters. and yes I know the primarchs didnt exist at that point

Oh and nice charming and fully expected hypocrisy too
    Edited out.....feel like a noob
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Oh and nice charming and fully expected hypocrisy too

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Oh, sorry Gott, was it "only a joke"

Seriously......we need a head shaking emoji
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    "From the ground up" is an anxiety-producing phrase. I paid good money for my little metal Sororitas. Can any Dark Eldar players reassure me that this doesn't mean that my existing collection will be invalidated?
    DE only had things added during their re-do. From memory? Some new dakka, new beasts, Venom and the Jets. Oh, and the upscaling of Grotesques and the addition of Wracks.

Some stuff didn't remain quite the same (Incubi lost their shooting attack) but nothing a DE player had before couldn't be used in the updated range.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    DE only had things added during their re-do. From memory? Some new dakka, new beasts, Venom and the Jets. Oh, and the upscaling of Grotesques and the addition of Wracks.

Some stuff didn't remain quite the same (Incubi lost their shooting attack) but nothing a DE player had before couldn't be used in the updated range.
    Succubus/Archon/Haemi on jebikes/Skyboards
    Incubi with Shredder/Blaster
    Wyches with Shredder/Blaster
    DE Beastmaster
    Vect (recently)
    Kabalite Warriors with 2 CCW

I guess I'm lucky my dad focuses on Warriors in Raiders with an Archon and some Incubi as his main core. A bunch of other stuff, but off the top of my head, these were the main changes to the stuff he had (mind you, this is an army that was built with the very first wave of DE, in early 3rd edition):
    - Mandrakes no longer have weapons... but you can do a "counts-as."
    - Grotesques are completely different now... but the old models looked awful.
    - Maybe some Wych weapons aren't useful any more, but they can just count as basic CCWs.
    There's a huge aesthetic difference, yeah, but overall it all still works just fine.

They might be changing some of the look of the Sisters. I just hope I can still use the ones I still have. Don't have many (couldn't find them all post-fire), but it's two or three squads, and that's enough to throw in some allies somewhere, or have a convent force assigned to a Rogue Trader. If I can blend them seamlessly with the new models, so much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Really hope that is true for all Sisters players out there, but I'll believe it when I see it...
    This is true, it no secert the studio have been working on sisters for years, I don't know if they are finished or are just stock piling. GW doesn't commit to anything this far in advance. The important thing to note is no one has giving a definite release date. Q2 is a maybe , stranded release point for high risk releases. If it doesn't happen by the end of June it might take another year; or even longer. Sisters are not seen as a big seller so will have to slot in around other releases. I remain very excited about this, but recommend not holding your breath or planning to save up for May June without a back up purchase list.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jonsgot View Post
    This is true, it no secert the studio have been working on sisters for years, I don't know if they are finished or are just stock piling. GW doesn't commit to anything this far in advance. The important thing to note is no one has giving a definite release date. Q2 is a maybe , stranded release point for high risk releases. If it doesn't happen by the end of June it might take another year; or even longer. Sisters are not seen as a big seller so will have to slot in around other releases. I remain very excited about this, but recommend not holding your breath or planning to save up for May June without a back up purchase list.
    Hard to be a big seller when the part that is supposed to be cheapest (Troops) is more expensive than other army's vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Hard to be a big seller when the part that is supposed to be cheapest (Troops) is more expensive than other army's vehicles.
    No kidding, I just forked out $50 to build a 5-woman Retributor squad....

To add to the problem if you want to take advantage of the full sized Sisters squads you have to drop close to $200 right now (give or take if you take a Simulacrum or not). Not even Fantasy has pricing that bad for core units (yes I see you Blood Knights, but you aren't core).

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast