BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You mean the one where there were rumors of a new edition floating around for six months? Just because not everyone believed it, or because people weren't sure if it was a republished 6.1 or a brand new 7th, doesn't mean that no one saw it coming.

There's a difference between rumor and speculation. This thread is pure speculation. There are, however, a number of individuals who do in fact have a direct line into parts of GW's process. They're not 100% accurate, for a number of reasons, but usually if a codex is upcoming then someone will hear about it from someone within GW. There's been nothing from the people who know things on Sisters. That doesn't mean it might have slipped under the radar, but it's a more reliable indicator of what might be coming next (or not) than what GW temporarily takes down from their website. Because again, far be it from a new trend, they've been taking models with low production output off the website and then putting them back on very frequently for a while now.
    Yes, the same new edition that similar people vehemently denied, claiming it to be a new expansion or Apocalypse.

Regardless, I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make. This thread does nothing to hurt anyone. If it doesn't interest you then you don't have to read it, so there's no reason to rain on anyone's parade.

Of course this thread is speculation, it is the very very first thing even mentioned in this thread. Obviously I am a Sororitas enthusiast as well as others here too. If I hear the tiniest thud on them while my ear is to the ground, I will discuss it and others will as well. Does it probably mean nothing? Yes. Could it mean something more? That's for everyone to decide.

The last thing Sister's fans need is yet another person telling us plastics aren't going to happen. I respect your opinion but there's no reason to point out how everyone is going to drown while aboard a sinking ship.

Thanks.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Chapter-Master

Dude, chill out. I'm literally only pointing out the difference between rumors and speculation. I even explicitly stated that there is no reason to think that sisters are getting dumped. Just a bit of a reality check, just because GW shuffles some models around doesn't mean it's the next codex. I'd like to play my shelf full of sisters again, but desire does not validate speculation.

Also, the whole 7th is actually apoc rumor stuff completely misses the point. We knew something was coming, and we knew it was either 6.1 or 7th or something big long beforehand. I had in-person conversations with Reece and Frankie months before it came out with them filling me in on what they had heard it would be. Not what some wild mass guessing told them it would be, but what someone who actually worked with GW had been able to relay to them.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Not if I get to them first, you won't.

Let the fastest internet connection win!
    I have already bribed the mail order trolls...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Librarian

The main difference with the models going in and out of availability, is that I have yet to see any other models that are simply 'No Longer Available', and it seems that the number of Sisters of Battle models that are NLA is rising slowly.

Yes, other models and kits will disappear, only to reappear a day or a week later, but the Sisters of Battle are a unique case in 40k now. They're the only fully metal army left, which puts them in an interesting position. It wouldn't surprise me to see GW using the Sisters of Battle as a way to reduce metal stock slowly but steadily, as has been said many times before.

The frustrating part is that we have no other news. Sisters of Battle don't show up on any rumors except as an afterthought to the completion of all other 40k armies moving into hardback with 7th edition.

We can only hope that as armies like Dark Eldar and Space Wolves get their updates and subsequently move out of the way, that we'll hear more about Sisters of Battle models or hints.

The big hint will be when a rumor comes out about a new Sister of Battle kit and what it looks like.

Chaplain

Of course, I could have titled this thread "Adepta Sororitas Speculation" but that just seems kind of off. IDK would it have been better to call it "News"? A rose...

DrBored makes a good point. Other models may get discontinued and removed, but Sisters are the only ones with such a large scale of unavailable models. Without bothering to sit down and count it's safe to say that around 50% of the model line is no longer in production since 2004.

This of course goes along with the several year old rumors of GW completely sacking metal production and phasing out all metal models. We know this is true because of the lack of new metal models for armies, but what we don't know is what will happen after it's completely phased out.

If I had to make an educated guess it would be that Sisters will be released Spring of 2015 which gives a good window for most old 5th edition Codex to have been re-released and leaves summer open for a big Space Marines and or 7th ed starter kit release. If true it would make sense that we are seeing models in the range disappear.

There's your rumor :P
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I have already bribed the mail order trolls...
    *fall to knees*

CURSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    Weirdly I haven't gotten the notice to update my copy of it on my iPad. But I did get an update for Inquisition but other than saying it updated it to 7th edition there was no indication of what changed.
    I'm in the same boat as you... I actually have the first iteration of the condemner too.

Can't wait to beat down women in 40k again, AMIRIGHT?! Let's hear it for domestic abuse!

Chapter-Master

Other models may get discontinued and removed, but Sisters are the only ones with such a large scale of unavailable models. Without bothering to sit down and count it's safe to say that around 50% of the model line is no longer in production since 2004.
    Not gonna lie though, between the Sisters I already have, and maybe the Toughest Girls in the Galaxy, GW would have to do some pretty impressive work for me to buy many new models.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I like my old metal girls. When some jack-hole kills them all by turn 3 and brags about how great his army/skill is, I just pack all 60 pounds of girls into their stowage sack and beat him to death with my army.

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast