BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Turnip Master View Post
    An entire range of single-pose sisters would certainly be disappointing, but since I would probably be doing a lot of converting anyway, it probably wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
    It would be a cheaper alternative to the expensive, heavy mono pose sisters we have now. :P

They'd also look better, even mono-pose. Have you seen plastics these days?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    They'd also look better, even mono-pose. Have you seen plastics these days?
    Yeah, that's how I feel about it too. I would be pretty disappointed with monopose as an answer but at least we'd have plastics... lol

Quote Originally Posted by zanth View Post
    It would be a cheaper alternative to the expensive, heavy mono pose sisters we have now. :P
    Definitely. Also, even with the most basic snap-fit figures like the Chaos Cultists from Dark Vengeance, it's a pretty easy to chop off heads and arms to swap around and give a unit some variety, even if there's only a handful of poses. Trying to do the same with metal figs is much harder, and sometimes there's no way to salvage the bits you cut off.

Brother-Sergeant

So I picked up a Canoness Veridyan over the weekend. Was pretty excited to be picking up my first new SoB miniature in years. Now I knew the figure was cast in resin, but it feels suspiciously like Finecrap material to me, and is extremely flexible:

[URL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/Hoagy/media/Canoness.jpg.html][/URL]

The sword can flex real easy. I'm sure it'll be fine, but for $25 I was hoping it would be cast in some slightly sturdier resin....
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

O.o I thought she's in plastic. Now that's shocking me a bit that GW still does new Finecast minis...
    Visit my gallery: http://www.game-coding.de/minis

They were very open about it being resin. Slambo released this last weekend was also resin. I'm amazed you found one of those somewhere. I want a second one to use for modding and such, but they've been completely unavailable since launch.

The new Celestine model, however, is amazing.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by zanth View Post
    They were very open about it being resin. Slambo released this last weekend was also resin. I'm amazed you found one of those somewhere. I want a second one to use for modding and such, but they've been completely unavailable since launch.

The new Celestine model, however, is amazing.
    I'm totally fine with the miniature being resin, but I'd rather it be FW type resin than Finecast. It just feels so cheap I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf of Winter View Post
    I'm totally fine with the miniature being resin, but I'd rather it be FW type resin than Finecast. It just feels so cheap I guess.
    It may feel cheap to you but it holds so much more subtle detail than the standard FW resin does and the Canoness has a lot of subtle detail

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    It may feel cheap to you but it holds so much more subtle detail than the standard FW resin does and the Canoness has a lot of subtle detail
    As do my HH miniatures, but it's all subjective. She's a beautiful miniature for sure and am glad that GW have in fact released something for us SoB fans

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast