BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf of Winter View Post
    OK, I'll bite... what page are they on? all I see are the metal figures.

I'm torn about this triumvirate set. I want Celestine and the Seraphim, and hell, even the Inquisitor, but why pack it in with a Mechanicum model? I guess I could always Ebay that dude, but still...
    Well, being as any of the three can be HQ for any Imperium army, I'd say he's worth hanging onto. He's really strong.

Cawl is a monster. A m o n s t e r. Take a small detachment of AdMech and ally him in!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    There's no new SoB in WD. They're all the old metals.

New figures would have better proportions and more pose variation.
    The robes really don't look like the metals.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    The robes really don't look like the metals.
    I have a feeling it's how they've been painted and the lighting to be honest, but they're definitely metal.
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

They're the old metals. Look at the faces and the poses.

Chapter-Master

I have a feeling it's how they've been painted and the lighting to be honest, but they're definitely metal.
    fair enuff

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I'll second this. I've painted enough of the metals to recognise each and every pose, and there's nothing new here...

Also, as over the moon as I am with Celestine and her new Geminae, they are all monopose! The last I heard about "impossible to sculpt" was that GW were having trouble with the Robes, and the posing issues they raised: look at a Sisters model and imagine moving those arms around, the robes would look off.

Question is: would you be happy with a whole new range of Plastic Sisters if they were all push-fit and no variability like a standard Space Marine kit would have?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTalos View Post
    I'll second this. I've painted enough of the metals to recognise each and every pose, and there's nothing new here...

Also, as over the moon as I am with Celestine and her new Geminae, they are all monopose! The last I heard about "impossible to sculpt" was that GW were having trouble with the Robes, and the posing issues they raised: look at a Sisters model and imagine moving those arms around, the robes would look off.

Question is: would you be happy with a whole new range of Plastic Sisters if they were all push-fit and no variability like a standard Space Marine kit would have?
    I would imagine that the 'character' models would all be push fit, which I guess is OK (although it makes converting a little more tricky), but I wouldn't be opposed to GW altering the SoB design slightly, and maybe even losing the sleeves in favor of a more tunic style ala Black Templars, or maybe having them have multiple arm options on the sprue so you can select which option suits your mini better. If the mini is in a more dynamic pose, then arm set A works, if a more static 'at the ready' pose, then arm set B. You get the idea.

With the complexity of the kits and characters that they are producing now, I refuse to believe this is the one thing holding them back.
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

They don't have to be push-fit. The Sternguard box offers a wide variety of options despite slightly limited poses.

Oh, and my answer's yes, because the reason I don't have them now is that metal is expensive, and heavy, and hard to convert, and has an invulnerable save against paint sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTalos View Post

An entire range of single-pose sisters would certainly be disappointing, but since I would probably be doing a lot of converting anyway, it probably wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast