BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    From what I've heard today May is too soon, so expect this summer at the soonest for Sisters.

As for March, that is pretty much confirmed to be the last WFB End Times release. April is a bit up in the air right now because I don't know what could be fitting in there, but May is likely WFB 9th ed.
    What did you hear that has led you to this conclusion?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    More likely that as with Dark Eldar they are being worked on, but someone sees something being done and assumes a release is imminent.
    True, but it seems like the general 'They're being worked on' bit was from Jes Goodwin, what.. like two, three years ago? It's been some time that he said that, so it feels more and more like rumor reverb and speculation-gone-wrong than anything else.

The real worrying bit is the new rumors about Dark Angels and Chaos potentially getting new Codices. If that's the case, then we can throw out the assumption that GW would finish all hardbacks before replacing any of them, and if they start to replace hardbacks, it throws the hope of a Sisters update in the near future straight up to the wind.

I'd love to see them get updated. I've been waiting for years and years. When I first got into 40k at the twilight of 3rd edition, people told me 'Oh, don't get those, they're expensive and should get an update eventually anyway'. Well, 4 editions later...

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    True, but it seems like the general 'They're being worked on' bit was from Jes Goodwin, what.. like two, three years ago? It's been some time that he said that, so it feels more and more like rumor reverb and speculation-gone-wrong than anything else.

The real worrying bit is the new rumors about Dark Angels and Chaos potentially getting new Codices. If that's the case, then we can throw out the assumption that GW would finish all hardbacks before replacing any of them, and if they start to replace hardbacks, it throws the hope of a Sisters update in the near future straight up to the wind.

I'd love to see them get updated. I've been waiting for years and years. When I first got into 40k at the twilight of 3rd edition, people told me 'Oh, don't get those, they're expensive and should get an update eventually anyway'. Well, 4 editions later...
    Technically speaking, isn't the Chaos Codex older than the digital Sisters Codex?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by zanth View Post
    Technically speaking, isn't the Chaos Codex older than the digital Sisters Codex?
    Teeeeechnically, yeah, but you'd still think that GW would get all their hardbacks out before updating other hardbacks.

I mean, by that logic, sure, they could update Dark Angels, Chaos, and I think Tau and another (I forget) before getting back to Sisters of Battle, but each edition they mix up the order of army release, so really it's up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Teeeeechnically, yeah, but you'd still think that GW would get all their hardbacks out before updating other hardbacks.

I mean, by that logic, sure, they could update Dark Angels, Chaos, and I think Tau and another (I forget) before getting back to Sisters of Battle, but each edition they mix up the order of army release, so really it's up in the air.
    It's mostly a matter of whether GW thinks Sisters are worthy of hardback treatment.

Then again, I never expected to see a stand alone Harlequin book, so you never know.

Fly Lord

via the birds in the trees 2-10-2015

Warhammer 40,000 Summer Campaign this year:

Sororitas and Space marines are the Imperial side

Tzeentch is the focus of the antagonists with multiple new kits:

- Plastic Lord of Change

- New Tzeentch Daemon unit

- New Tzeentch CSM unit (perhaps new plastic Thousand Sons - Rubric Marines)

Look for this campaign on the far side of WFB 9th which is occurring earlier in the year.
    These rumors are rated: above average, coming from known sources
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Wonder if it means we will see Sororitas before summer then? Seems odd to have them as the focus of a campaign with an outdated book and ridiculously expensive metal units.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Seems likely.

Warhammer End Times should be week after this (end of Harlies releases I believe?), as we've already seen the odd 'leaked' pages.

Allowing for a fairly standard 3 week End Times release, that would take us to....erm...14 March with nothing solid on the horizon. Seems likely it would be 40k, given the 'taking turns' approach we're mostly seeing.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Wonder if it means we will see Sororitas before summer then? Seems odd to have them as the focus of a campaign with an outdated book and ridiculously expensive metal units.
    Well they were one of the starring factions in the Shield of Baal recently with their outdated book and ridiculously expensive metal units so there is precedence

Given that the last two campaigns have also had a boxed set with two "armies" containing plastic models, I'd doubt SoB become the focus of such a campaign without new plastic models.

The Chaos side might not have new plastic models in the box, though... the Blood Angels used existing kits even though a new unit of Terminators that was more suited to BAs was being released. I don't think they'd want to undercut those new boxed set sales with the Chaos players, so expect some Chaos units that might not be hot sellers (I'd say probably a unit of CSM, a Helbrute, a special character Sorceror, and maybe a unit of Terminators).

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast