BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

no all we know is that Jes mentioned that the sleeve robes wouldnt work in plastic as they currently were designed and that was about 4 years ago

ediT;And that he was taking a break before his "next" project after DE (Which, given h is the resident eldar expert , ok anything expert, may have been plastic harlie's
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it isn't a rumour though, we know GW are working on Sisters.
    Yup, just like we knew DE were being worked on from Jes Goodwins mouth (both times) and people still said up until the photos of the first models were leaked that they were going to be squatted. People won't stop believing SoB are done for until the revamp comes.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Sisters have already received more support than DE got between their first and second book.

No, it's not a massive amount of kits, but it's still new toys. Immolator in plastic, additional sculpts for the infantry and Seraphim, Penitent Engines, those lass' with the Eviscerators. Two books (2nd Sisters kicked it off proper. Then you had Witch Hunters, and now the digital edition Codex). All far more than DE got (which was a single update to a very early codex) until they got properly seen to.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Sisters have already received more support than DE got between their first and second book.

No, it's not a massive amount of kits, but it's still new toys. Immolator in plastic, additional sculpts for the infantry and Seraphim, Penitent Engines, those lass' with the Eviscerators. Two books (2nd Sisters kicked it off proper. Then you had Witch Hunters, and now the digital edition Codex). All far more than DE got (which was a single update to a very early codex) until they got properly seen to.

SHUUUUUSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

The digital codex really doesn't count as an upgrade, the Sisters lost abit of the cool 'fuffy' stuff from the previous codexes, (cough)Brazier of Holy Flame(cough), and made them into something like Space Marines lite. Plastic minis in this line are needed, if not for the Sisters, then think of those poor, poor, Penitent Engines.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post

I still don't count the Digital Codex, and I bought it and read through it from beginning to end. No, it's not a bad Codex, but my problem has never been the codex.

The problem is that now over half the Sisters of Battle models are unavailable or out of stock. The best you can do is order one-offs, and if you want to make a full army, all of your battle sisters with bolters are all going to look exactly the same because only one model exists. And good luck getting a full squad of Seraphim or Celestians.

Just like with Chaos Marines, I really don't know what Games Workshop is doing with these ranges, but I guess it's all a part of the bigger plan. They have to publish 9th edition, cover their butts with a Space Marine codex, and then after a year or more, they can do riskier things, especially if Fantasy is a success.

Point was they got more stuff between releases than DE got - and everyone knew they'd been squatted
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Just like with Chaos Marines, I really don't know what Games Workshop is doing with these ranges, but I guess it's all a part of the bigger plan. They have to publish 9th edition, cover their butts with a Space Marine codex, and then after a year or more, they can do riskier things, especially if Fantasy is a success.
    What's wrong with the Space Marine Codex? It's barely more than a year old, and does exactly what it needs to do.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    What's wrong with the Space Marine Codex? It's barely more than a year old, and does exactly what it needs to do.
    Nothing is wrong with it, but Space Marines are their money maker. Anything they can do to update Space Marines and give them shiny new toys is almost a guaranteed sell. Warhammer Fantasy 9th edition is going to be a huge risk and huge investment, and by updating their most popular ranges (which right now are Space Marines, Tau, and Eldar, which also happen to be rumored to be coming up this year) they can cover their butts if 9th edition goes south.

Fly Lord

via Birds in the Trees 3-15-2015

Sororitas Rundown:

- R&D on the entire line is complete, and the range is all new in plastic.
    - 5-model combo-unit Sisters infantry kit
    - 3 model Sisters unit on 50mm bases kit
    - 5 model Sisters unit on 32mm bases kit (different from the infantry unit listed above)
    - Sororitas combo unit vehicle kit "A" kit
    - Sororitas combo unit vehicle kit "B" kit
    - Sororitas Walker/Monstrous Creature vehicle kit
    - 3 clampack Sororitas characters

These are on ice and only await release scheduling by GW.
    These rumors are rated: PROBABLE coming from known reliable sources.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

I'm hoping battle sisters are still on 25s, seraphim are 32s, and that they get a cool new unit for the 50s. I've got a bunch of 25mm micro art studio bases I'd rather not waste.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast