BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

So I'm just scoping out the new Raging Heroes Kickstarter that just went up (and already blew past their goal) and I can't help but think that GW are missing a boat here somewhere. The RH minis are stunning! I know that they are a lot 'finer' than GW minis, but this surely must be proof that there are people out there who want their Sisters (or proxies thereof)? Frustrating isn't the word!!!!!
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

Chapter-Master

I am liking the Raging Heroes sisters, but I wouldn't field them myself, they are too ornate and gothic. The GW sisters are more utilitarian.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I am liking the Raging Heroes sisters, but I wouldn't field them myself, they are too ornate and gothic. The GW sisters are more utilitarian.
    I feel that some of the RH minis (especially in this new campaign) look like they stepped straight out of the Witch Hunters Codex. That's what I liked about the SoB was the fact they were ornate and a little over the top. Something that made them stand apart from your regular power-armored troops. That said... it's be a little crazy painting a few dozen squads of these lol!

Chapter-Master

I am still waiting for my first kickstarter ladies to arrive. I will probably skip this campaign and get a few odds and ends at retail when I can see the sculpts. I can definitely see a potential warrior priest or two in there.

I do wonder whether development of the admech skitarii has helped the sisters. there were rumours that the robe sleeves on the sisters were causing problems. the skitarii have sleeves of varying lengths, so that might bode well.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 03-25-2015 at 01:30 PM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I backed it, it'd be cool to get some mroe affordable stuff to flesh out some squads and add some variety. Sadly I didn't get any SoB models until there was only one variant remaining of most models, so I have a ton of identical troops.

Librarian

The saints in that Kickstarter are phenomenal. I couldn't believe them when I saw them.

That said, I'm not going to support it. They clearly have their support, but the problem remains: the aesthetic of these models is very much 'pin-up look at my bare chest and hips', whereas GW's models don't go there. Even the Dark Eldar Wyches actually look like they're about to strike at something, instead of posing for a photo shoot with a fan blowing their hair in just the right way.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    The saints in that Kickstarter are phenomenal. I couldn't believe them when I saw them.

That said, I'm not going to support it. They clearly have their support, but the problem remains: the aesthetic of these models is very much 'pin-up look at my bare chest and hips', whereas GW's models don't go there. Even the Dark Eldar Wyches actually look like they're about to strike at something, instead of posing for a photo shoot with a fan blowing their hair in just the right way.
    I'll certainly agree with you there. That said there are some pretty spiffy poses that really do look like they are about to go in swinging. There is a fine line for sure with making something look seductive (ala Daemonettes) but at the same time kinda terrifying, and then having something that looks like its from a cheesecake magazine shoot.

I still think that RH are exploiting the obvious hole in the market that GW is choosing to ignore though, and fair play to them if they make bank on it!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf of Winter View Post
    I'll certainly agree with you there. That said there are some pretty spiffy poses that really do look like they are about to go in swinging. There is a fine line for sure with making something look seductive (ala Daemonettes) but at the same time kinda terrifying, and then having something that looks like its from a cheesecake magazine shoot.

I still think that RH are exploiting the obvious hole in the market that GW is choosing to ignore though, and fair play to them if they make bank on it!
    Oh yeah, absolutely. If RH can get all their models out before Games Workshop, they'll have lost a significant portion of that market. All that will be left will be people that are just really loyal to GW and their aesthetic.

Unless GW can come up with some absolutely killer models for their Sisters of Battle that blow RH's stuff out of the water :P

Oh yeah, absolutely. If RH can get all their models out before Games Workshop, they'll have lost a significant portion of that market. All that will be left will be people that are just really loyal to GW and their aesthetic.

Unless GW can come up with some absolutely killer models for their Sisters of Battle that blow RH's stuff out of the water :P
    I backed the first and the second RH. I'll be using them for anything but the basic sisters, and I absolutely love the sculpts. This whole thing with people turning their nose up at them because they are too aesthetic (or sexualised as they call them) is something I cannot get behind. I find them to be completely badass, and who wouldn't pose if they looked that good. and they're fixed miniatures. the guy eternally throwing a handgrenade looks at least as silly as the RH girl doing the Sailor Moon spin.

GW missed a lot of sales on allowing this to happen (we've been waiting for the sisters for years.) and RH pushing this second kickstarter was absolutely in response to the rumours of sisters in May.
    If RH release was what pushed the GW release of sisters to the front, which it very well could have done, then we have RH to thank for a lot of things.

I for one welcome our new RH overlords.

sad thing is gw might just squat them to say FU to raging heroes...

that said, i am in the kickstarted for the sisters, but I also like the looks of the DE hemo and wrack equivalents and the incubi equivalents...

I want to see more renders and not just concept art

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast