BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    That'd be fully and incredibly ironic.

Here's hoping that it all points towards new SoB.

I mean, the digital codex was a top-seller, over all other digital codices from GW.
    and astoundingly dreadful... but unfortunately plausible. Maybe they will be releasing it in a physical format?

How can you tell if it's a top-seller?
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    and astoundingly dreadful... but unfortunately plausible. Maybe they will be releasing it in a physical format?

How can you tell if it's a top-seller?
    Someone somewhere posted a screenshot of it a couple weeks ago. I'll see if I can find it...

Battle-Brother

Someone somewhere posted a screenshot of it a couple weeks ago. I'll see if I can find it...
    Saw it on a dakkadakka thread re Adepta Sororitas kits going missing.

It was a screen print by Troike on the 29th May at 13:33
    [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/597550.page"]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/597550.page[/URL]
    Best seller on German iBooks

Additional comments a bit lower in the thread

the_Armyman wrote:
    It got to the best sellers list in Germany. How hard is that to do? How long did it stay there, a day? Not a good metric, IMO.

It still mustered the sales to reach that spot in the first place, and that's next to more maintream books like that I am Malala one. Also, I do not see why it would be drastically different in other locations, unless Germans have a significantly greater interest in the SoB.

Chaplain

Thanks for the link DeSteele.

Wow that thread is so disheartening and painful to read. People like OgreChubbs and the_Armyman taking every opportunity to bash the SoB army as if they had some sort of personal investment against them, meanwhile Trioke just trying to defend and interest in the army.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Thanks for the link DeSteele.

Wow that thread is so disheartening and painful to read. People like OgreChubbs and the_Armyman taking every opportunity to bash the SoB army as if they had some sort of personal investment against them, meanwhile Trioke just trying to defend and interest in the army.
    I wouldn't pay it any mind. Trolls will be trolls.

Battle-Brother

I wouldn't pay it any mind. Trolls will be trolls.
    Or on these sites, Orks will be Orks...

I've found Dakka to have an overabundance of trolls. Unfortunately, the mods are part of the troll pack and defend their troll buddies to the death, so there is no getting rid of them there.

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks everyone for these updates.
    As i was telling Harley a few days ago, it looks to me like GW is gearing for a GK/ necron/ DE type SoB overhaul... quietly pumping enthusiasm, testing the waters for sales, while phasing out the old models, rules & fluff.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by helline9 View Post
    As i was telling Harley a few days ago, it looks to me like GW is gearing for a GK/ necron/ DE type SoB overhaul... quietly pumping enthusiasm, testing the waters for sales, while phasing out the old models, rules & fluff.
    Here's hoping! It seems like they've been building up for this for a long while.

I'm sure that they've had things planned, but financial reasons might have held them off from making a big investment into the Sisters of Battle. That stock dip certainly didn't help, but releasing a new edition, and popular armies like IG and Orks will help their cash reserves, which will give them what they need to invest in this overhaul.

They still have to get rid of their excess metal stock, and they probably won't do much more in Finecast, so if they do do an overhaul, I imagine it'll be entirely plastic, and that presents its own challenges.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by helline9 View Post
    Sisters deserve a revamp! I would love to see plastic models and an actual codex release for them.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast