BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1500 Nids, Need Some Feedback

Picked up 4 Carnifex on Ebay for $60 with free shipping, so I figured I would give this a try

Hive Tyrant (Wings, 2 Twin-linked Devourers with Brainleech Worms) – 230

Zoanthrope Brood (2 Zoanthropes) – 100
    Zoanthrope Brood (2 Zoanthropes) – 100

Hormagaunt Brood (30 Hormagaunts) – 150
    Hormagaunt Brood (20 Hormagaunts with Toxic Sacs) – 160
    Hormagaunt Brood (20 Hormagaunts with Toxic Sacs) – 160

Carnifex Brood (2 Carnifex with 2 Twin-linked Devourers with Brainleech Worms) – 300
    Carnifex Brood (2 Carnifex with 2 Twin-linked Devourers with Brainleech Worms) – 300

= 1500

Any Thoughts?

Anyone?

Going Hormagaunts to shield, over Termigaunts?

Why not Termagaunts odd not seeing them with tervigons

Are you trying to take this as a competiive army? As a fluffy force it is pretty cool with a horde of running gribbly's. In my oppinion I do not think the Zoanthropes will actually get off there powers often or effectively. I would drop all 4 zoanthropes and replace with a unit of biovores and a unit of venomthropes. I would then drop one unit of the hormoguants to add a tervigon which will serve as a shield for your venomthropes and synapse for your gribleys as they charge forward. You might see if you can figure out wa way to add termaguants and turn the tervigon into a troop unit as an objective secured monsterous creature is pretty awesome.

Very good fast list, dont listen to what they say about zoanthropes, theyre very very good I run 3 units of 2 and they never fail, be it onslaught fr the mcs, catalyst, paroxysm or their warp blast they always perform. Horms are fun but if I were id give them poisoned that way they down wraithknights and riptides like melted cheese.

What I would change unfortunately are your dakkafexes, as soon as they come within firing range theyd be in short range of your opponents shooting. Switch them for 2 exocrines and you should have enough points left over to make some homs poisoned and youre good to go