BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default How do Pink Horrors Work now

Hi all

The way I understand it:

A unit of Pink Horrors 20 strong

- Counts as a master level 1 because of brotherhood of psychers

- Generates 3 warp charge to the power pool.

- Can generate Malific and Change psychic powers

- Gets the change primis and one other generated power

There is much option for debate here however any other views RAW vs RAI etc.

Cheers

Charlie

Veteran-Sergeant

I really dont think that horrors shout be able to summon. Change be it. All I can picture a daemon cp3o saying, "Daemons summoning daemons, goodness gracious me". But everything else seems like the right things to me.

Horrors have been boosted too Page 22 of the big rule book in the Psychic Focus they will always come with there Primaris Power of there Discipline and being mastary level one can take one power from change or Malific powers.

Downside to this is if a Herald of Tzeentch is in the unit of pink horrors they can not cast the same power in that unit more then once as on page 24 under Manifesting Psychic Powers at the bottom.

The number of pink horrors depends on the locus you wish to choose
    20 if you are going for the locus of Transmogrification Great for tarpits and the changling comes with this.
    10 if you are going for the locus of Change Hide in a ruin till you roll a 6 on strength and charge models i have tested this and it really is strong.
    16 if you are going for the locus of Conjuration because strength 6 makes the warpflame rule loose its luster if you give a toughness 3 model FNP because double strength vs Toughness = instant death and ignores FNP
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Veteran-Sergeant

If you roll on Malific for your single power you get Summoning for free and then you also get Flickering Fire on top of that for a total of three powers. If instead you roll on the CHANGE discipline you only get Flickering fire for free for two powers in total.

I used to take 20 horrors with leader and special standard along with a herald to cast prescience on them and make their (and his) shooting S6. Alas in 7th ed prescience is harder to cast and if you want level 3 flickering fire you no longer need the numbers in the squad (although extra casting dice are nice) but you could also summon another 10 models for a warp charge 3 power instead. On top of this the herald and squad can no longer cast the same power so prescience and the locus effects less shooting power.

Nowadays I take 4 units of 11 horrors to get 8 casting dice and I put the herald on a disc in with 9 screamers.