BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Initiate

Default Legion of Everblight new player log

So now that we finally have a (super-)local game shop (in West Seattle) I picked up the two-player Hordes starter set yesterday. I've decided to start off with the Legion and I'm working on getting the battlegroup box contents assembled by Monday night to take to the weekly WarmaHordes meet. I also ordered a can of white primer and a Forsaken (being bad - I've promised myself not to buy any new models until I have painted and played what I've got...) I've played some Warmachine a pretty long time ago (MK I), and I was messing around with building a Trollbloods army at one point, but that never really got anywhere because I was lazy...

Began work last night by inspecting the contents of the set and starting cleanup work. As expected the Warspears are going to need a hot bath... the Warpborn and Kaya will too, but since I'm not going to be using any of them immediately that can wait. The other Legion stuff looked good on that front (although tonight I noticed that Lylyth's bow is just a bit off... Not sure if it's worth it to bother with that or not) and I started cleaning up mold lines & flash on the Shredders before work. This was a pain, the mold lines were not really that bad, but definitely noticeable and working along the back spines and in the mouths was a chore. I may need another light in my work area or maybe even a magnifying glass. I'm a bit concerned about basing them, as painting their underbellies may be a bit of an issue and I'd like to fancy up the bases... Probably just use a dot of glue on one foot and then I can rebase them later if I want.

Tonight I did Lylyth and the Carnivean. The big beastie was easy, several parts really had no noticeable mold lines at all. Test-fitting does show that I'll need to do a bit of gap-filling especially between the two halves of the body and also on the head. I'm concerned about painting the underbelly again - it will be much easier without all of the hind legs attached Fortunately all but one of them seem pretty secure even without glue. I'd really like to magnetize the arms and head since I plan on getting at least one of the Carnivean/Ravagore/Scythean box and that would let me field any two different beasts at once (or two Carnies of course), but I don't have magnets or anything around yet. On Lylyth I'm mainly concerned about the hair - the mold line around the edge of the cloak was kind of a pain but it got done; the line then runs through her hair though and it's ''against the grain'' if you know what I mean. I'm hoping I didn't mess up the detail too much cleaning that. Fortunately I think I can just assemble her and aside from possibly rebasing (I have to see if I have any basing material around maybe I can get her base done tomorrow) I think I'll be good.

Tomorrow I'll give everything a bath and do assembly. Then Monday I can try it out on the table...

There's talk about doing a Journeyman's league here - I'm not too sure about the specifics on that but I think I'll have to sit that out for now, as I can't really afford to be buying a whole bunch of stuff at once. I'm thinking that what I should do is make a 50-point list and try and get it all bought before they do the next one (assuming they do). But I really want to get stuff painted...

Brother-Sergeant

Congrats on picking it up. Legion can be really fun, and have a really great toolbox.

Welcome to the Blight!

There are so many options with Legion and so many directions to go as well.

How are you going to paint them?

Legion looks like a blast. I'd like to pick them up as well.

Make sure to get a shepherd and a Forsaken, they are awesome and help a legion army out!

Do you happen to play a Card Kingdom? I live outside seattle so I can't really get out there, I'm just curious, cause we could use more people playing at the new Renton location of the Afk Tavern.

Enjoy everblight, where they look at the rules and laugh