BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question So all daemons of nurgle get a shooting attack now?

Due to they have Defensive Grenades in 7th edition get a 8" strength 1 blast with blind? so does that mean my daemon lord of nurgle can use his vomit and a Defensive Grenade? also does this apply to MC's such as daemon prince?
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Veteran-Sergeant

They dont actually have defensive grenades in their war gear. I think they only benefit from the taking one attack away from the unit charging them

Page 26 of the Daemons Codex under Daemon of Nurgle says units entirely composed of Daemons of Nurgle are treated as having Defensive Grenades. How does that not count as Defensive Grenades and all their current BRB effects? Where does it say it has to be under Wargear to have all the effects of Defensive Grenades? Furthermore, on page 104 in the summary of special rules under Daemon of Nurlge, it just flat out says Defensive Grenades.

So yes, Swoop up 3 Daemon Princes of Nurgle and fling the poop on the Tau! Somebody's gonna get blinded.

Veteran-Sergeant

Anything that can throw actual grenades in the game, has those grenades in there wargear listing. I think this is a case of rules as written vs. rules as intended. I try not to look for loopholes, so thinking that any nurgle demon can throw grenades never crossed my mind.

Edit: Send an email the Gw FAQ department. Got a email back saying they dont answer single emails, but will address it later in a later faq. So we should hear there answer in a month or six.
    Last edited by vharing; 06-22-2014 at 06:04 PM.

I'd agree with OP's interpretation of the rules. Plus, fluffwise, it represents the swarms of plagueflies flying into the eyes and mouths of the enemy troops.

No it count as having, not has. [Redacted]
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 06-23-2014 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonas the jedi View Post
    No it count as having, not has.
    [Redacted]
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 06-23-2014 at 01:41 AM.

And where is the difference?
    Does "counts as" entitle you to choose a rule you like and keep it while you disallow the one you dont like? Why are you trying to open loopholes?

Occuli Imperator

You may disagree with people, that is fine. But resorting to insults isn't. It doesn't help win the arguement all it does is make consensus less likely as you have already got someone's back up.

I suggest you read: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/faq.php?faq=termsmaster#faq_bolsrules[/url] especially point 6.

Now carry on.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

plus "counts as" means use ALL THE RULES for....

the OP is right, daemons of nurgle may throw their fly clouds
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast