BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I checked the FAQ for deamons and nowhere does it say that Nurgle demons are not allowed to throw their "counts as having defensive grenades".
    You can argue all you want, but "counts as having defensive grenades" means "treat this model exactly as if they had defensive grenades", for all purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    You can argue all you want, but "counts as having defensive grenades" means "treat this model exactly as if they had defensive grenades", for all purposes.
    Agreed, if they didn't want Daemons of Nurgle to count as having the full benefits of defensive grenades, it would have said so. It's just as easy to write "Models charging a Daemon of Nurgle don't gain the bonus attack." Also, the argument being put forward would mean models with defensive grenades in their wargear wouldn't count as having defensive grenades--that's just silly.

Chaplain

Defensive Grenades also give a cover bonus against units shooting at them within 8" IIRC.

Chapter-Master

No, they don't. That was 6th edition.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

yes, defensive grenades used to grant shrouded to a unit if somthing within 8" shot at it.

This is no longer the case.

Now defensive grenades do the following:

no bonus attacks for charge.

1 model can throw a blind blast in the shooting phase.

in melee the opposing unit has to take a blind test at the start of combat.

So Daemons of Nurgle got the best of both worlds? Shrouded and the "Suck It, Khorne" effects of the new ones?

Khorne has decent Initiative so they won't all go Blind. Tau on the other hand, they'll need a cane and brail on their Signature Systems.

Ehh, tau can have blacksun filters which make them immune to blind and night fight.

beast of nurgle, nurglings will be more better now nurglings now bumped up to a scoring unit also with a shooting attack and beast of nurgle being hard to kill with a shooting attack also there a unit of one.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Yeah, Nurgle lost the 8" stealth that defensive grenades granted but gained being able to throw the blindness around. Pretty sweet. Too bad my Nurgle daemon princes will be jinking 99% of the time and won't be able to throw the darn grenades anyway...
    Check out another crappy 40K blog here: www.keepcalmandescapefromreality.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast