BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Razorx1970 View Post
    I NEVER understood WHY people feel they HAVE TO paint models to look the same as they do in the manufacturer's books.
    I was just asked this by my brother last night.

For my 40k armies, I have my own schemes for my Tyranids, Necrons, and Tau (but I do have yellow Imperial Fists)

...but, for WarmaHordes, I paint them "codex".
    To me, they're established charaters. When I paint Caine or Mordikaar, I'm not just painting some dude with warcaster powers, I'm painting a specific guy from a specific place who wears specific uniforms with specific color schemes.

That's why I do itanyway; I can't obviously speak for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by the_puritan View Post
    I was just asked this by my brother last night.

For my 40k armies, I have my own schemes for my Tyranids, Necrons, and Tau (but I do have yellow Imperial Fists)

...but, for WarmaHordes, I paint them "codex".
    To me, they're established charaters. When I paint Caine or Mordikaar, I'm not just painting some dude with warcaster powers, I'm painting a specific guy from a specific place who wears specific uniforms with specific color schemes.

That's why I do itanyway; I can't obviously speak for everyone else.

But still, you don't have to. It can be from YOUR version of thier world. These aren't characters as established as Darth Vader, who you'd always paint black or he'd look stupid. To each thier own tho.

I liked my Cygnar in a deeper more purple-ish blue when I had them, because I hate being JUST like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorx1970 View Post
    I hate being JUST like everyone else.
    The irony for me is that a a lot of people in my area actually don't paint them "codex"... so mine doesn't really look like everyone else's.

I imagine they probably feel the same way as you, which is great (don't get me wrong) but just something that doesn't feel right for me for this game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12