BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moving to new state where/how to get involved?

Hey guys so I'm moving from TX to LA and am just wondering if anyone knows of any groups there I can join for 40K? Though I do still have to find movers to move me...I want to try to make sure I have all the info I can to stay entertained when I get there lol

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by playingcoach View Post
    Hey guys so I'm moving from TX to LA and am just wondering if anyone knows of any groups there I can join for 40K? Though I do still have to find movers to move me...I want to try to make sure I have all the info I can to stay entertained when I get there lol
    Not sure personally but I would google FLGSs within driving distance of your new place and give them a call to ask what days they usually have a 40k group in. May also be worth looking on Facebook for something like "Southern California 40k" groups etc.

Good luck.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Do you mean Los Angeles or Louisiana?

Chapter-Master

I'm currently going through the same thing, moving from Orlando to Birmingham... trying to find the store that I feel best fits my playstyle... finding it tough.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Yep. Google for local gaming stores, GW, FLGS etc. If they have a website, see if you can find their gaming nights, and just rock up.

I'd suggest fairly vanilla lists at first. First impressions and all that
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I live in Louisiana, what city are you moving to?

There's a newish, small group on FB for Southern Louisiana (if that's what you mean by LA) 40K players: [url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/507679559358807/[/url]

Might try [URL="http://www.meetup.com"]Meetup[/URL], too.

Beyond that... call some stores, chat up their employees. My local community has its own message board that you'd never know about unless you asked a store employee or another player. There's bound to be other cities out there with the same set up.
    Last edited by The Girl; 06-25-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Hmm tinder...grinder... we need 40kinder! lol

HA!! Sorry all, I meant Cali. I forget I can't always use LA because of Louisiana. Defenestratus do you have any plans as to how you are going to go about finding what you're looking for? Also did you/or are you going to hire a moving company or PODS or how do you/did you get your belongings to Birmingham from Orlando? I just ran into some issues with the people I had originally been talking to about helping me and I really don't think I'm going to end up with them helping...and I was just curious to see if I could get any ideas from you before I jump down the rabbit's hole of Yelp, Google, Yahoo, [URL="http://www.movingguru.com/moving-quotes/"]Moving Guru[/URL] and where ever else you can use to search for these kind of things.

Yeah when you put TX (texas) and then you put LA it means louisiana since they are both states.

It is tempting to think of Las Angeles as a state in and of itself though.

Reecius and the frontline gaming store is not horribly far from you if moving to LA and they are big time gaming group.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast