BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Da Red Waaaagh! Mystery Solved

So, a front page post about a mystery. How mysterious!

Here's the answer to what The Red Waaagh! is:

It's either a supplement or an Apocalypse warzone.

Check the Timeline in the new Rulebook, fairly near the end. What's that - it's an entry called... called The Red Waaagh? Most of those timeline events now relate to books that are being released (supplements, or Warzones).

Mystery solved. Was that hard? No? k.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Decent spot there chum!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 225 on the ipad edition of the rulebook; entry is 998.M41: The Red Waaagh!

"Warlord Grukk of the Red Waaagh! ploughs into the densely populated Sanctus Reach..."

Sounds like a Warzone to me.

I remembered they'd said in the White Dwarf interview with Mat Ward that when they updated the Timeline, they'd included all sorts of hooks that would be appearing in forthcoming codices and supplements. Remembered also that the Dark Vengeance plotline had appeared in the previous book's timeline, so when I got the rulebook I went looking for what was new. And there's the big one: The Red Waaagh!, which seemed interesting given we knew Orks were up next. So I filed it away in the ol' mind, and here we are.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Veteran-Sergeant

The Red WAAAGH is the name of Warboss Grukk Face-Rippa's WAAAGH!.
    There's pages of fluff about it in the new codex, but Grukk has no profile.
    The still to be revealed Warboss model looks very much like the art for Grukk himself. You can see that yourself in the Dark Millenium book from 7th edition.

Sorry if I'm being thick....but if the Warboss model is yet to be seen, and some people have the Codex already, surely it's been seen, spesh if we know it looks like Grukk's artwork?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Sorry if I'm being thick....but if the Warboss model is yet to be seen, and some people have the Codex already, surely it's been seen, spesh if we know it looks like Grukk's artwork?
    The model isn't in the codex. I've seen the model.

Sanctus Reach is apparently the new Planetstrike update, and will incorporate the new urban Realm of Battle tiles that just leaked today.

If you check the GW website the boxed game Dark Vengeance is not there. Now that leaves the thought that a new one is fairly close.A new Warboss figure that has not been advertised and the Red Waaaagh being indicated ,no updates on buggies or wartracks,then maybe ,just maybe, al this will come together in one box. Or am i just dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by packard57 View Post
    If you check the GW website the boxed game Dark Vengeance is not there. Now that leaves the thought that a new one is fairly close.A new Warboss figure that has not been advertised and the Red Waaaagh being indicated ,no updates on buggies or wartracks,then maybe ,just maybe, al this will come together in one box. Or am i just dreaming.
    Fraid you are mate, both my mates in shops have been told by GW that there are no immediate plans for a new boxed set as it's not needed, the rules in DV are fine for learning the game. Sanctus Reach -aka the Red Waagh! is apparently Planetstrike though if the other rumour is true that it uses the new Realm of Battle that is rumoured to be fast approaching I wouldn't be surprised if it incorporates Cities of Death update too.

Does seem odd DV has now vanished though; unless maybe it is being updated first somehow.
    Last edited by John Bower; 06-28-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Battle-Brother

Well, Black Library is apparently also bringing out several Space Wolves novels/audio-books, etc.. under the "Sanctus Reach"-label

[url]http://pinsofwar.com/the-sanctus-reach-mystery-and-what-it-means-for-orks-space-wolves/[/url]
    Share your best miniature and wargaming pictures and videos at www.pinsofwar.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast