BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

We'll all probably be better off with those mousepad type battle mats. I don't remember what they're called just now.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Tablescapes (once they go up for normal sales) and the FAT mats are better choices.

I like the look of it. Would also be ace cakes for Necromunda.

And no doubt there will be people itching to call me a fanboi. And you better believe I am. Have a look in the X-Wing board for further proof of my general enthusiasm for stuff I like.

[url=http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Imperialis-Basing-Kit]New basing kit as well[/url]

Last edited by Mr Mystery; 07-18-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I like the look of it. Would also be ace cakes for Necromunda.
    Personally, I really don't like that board.
    I've recently bought a 6' x 4' Laser Cut MDF Board from this eBayer, WargamesTournaments.
    It cost £200 including delivery.
    It comes with TWENTY-FOUR ruins that are on bases either 8" x 8" or 16" x 8".
    The heights are 13.5" for half of them and 6" for the other half.

He also does a Necromunda Set of Buildings, although I haven't picked that up yet.

I cannot recommend this guy's work highly enough.

I've included three photos of mine which is going to be a Winter Themed Board.
    The Wraithknight gives a good idea of the scale of the Ruins.
    The Space Wolves, an idea of the Board size.
    Then a close up of a flocked Ruin.

Please bear in mind these are WIP and I have only built four of the twenty-four Ruins so far.
    I've also included a couple of grabs of the eBay thumbnails and a couple of Links to both products.

I think they are frikking brilliant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-26 22.45.59.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	9994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-07-05 18.17.43.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	9995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-09 22.42.09.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	9996

Attachment 9992Attachment 9993

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WargamesTournaments1.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	9990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WargamesTournaments2.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	9991

[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wargames-Warhammer-40K-Apocalypse-Scenery-Terrain-City-Fight-Table-Kit-/390827555988?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item5aff2 33c94[/url]

[url]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wargames-Warhammer-40K-Necromunda-Scenery-Industrial-Terrain-Set-/201094641397?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item2ed22 cb6f5[/url]

Chapter-Master

I guess if your having more than 2, you'll have to cover up the somehow identical damaged areas, but I guess that's an easy fix.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

Gotta say that I'm unimpressed with the new board, not so much with the look of it, it does look suitably 40k, but more the lack of variety. In a regular RoB board you get 6 tiles which are all different and there's an expansion pack of another 2 different tiles also. This one you get 3 each of two tile designs, no expansion pack (yet) and it's £25 more expensive too. I'll pass and grab one of the giant mouse mat style boards from Tablescapes.

That said I very much like the look of that urban basing kit, I can see me getting some of those for sure.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Veteran-Sergeant

Basing kit looks kinda cool but that board... Looks like the just went "eh" and threw a bunch of gothic, "40k-esque" crap at a table to see what sticks. Doesn't look like an urban area so much as some jumbled sections of GW building kits glued on their side. Blech.

I just thought all the supremely talented folk at GW would be able to design something much better.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    Gotta say that I'm unimpressed with the new board, not so much with the look of it, it does look suitably 40k, but more the lack of variety. In a regular RoB board you get 6 tiles which are all different and there's an expansion pack of another 2 different tiles also. This one you get 3 each of two tile designs, no expansion pack (yet) and it's £25 more expensive too. I'll pass and grab one of the giant mouse mat style boards from Tablescapes.

That said I very much like the look of that urban basing kit, I can see me getting some of those for sure.
    The original ones expansion is just two more of the flat panels. They're not new ones.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    The original ones expansion is just two more of the flat panels. They're not new ones.
    Ahh didn't know that. Still 6 different boards rather than 2 though and still £25 cheaper than this urban board.

GW have made a rather good video though of how to go about painting the new urban boards, which is definately worth a watch.

Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Fly Lord

and another video from GW:

Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast