BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DETHMOKIL View Post
    Also why do the roads have girders in them? and the sidewalk is just vents... idk.
    Cause that's how they make roads and sidewalks in year 40k duh. They drive cars that use magnets to hover and that requires metal roads. And vented sidewalks for the random wind gusts to discourage imperial women from wearing skirts. Everyone knows Space Marines hate women showing some leg almost as much as xenos and heresy.

i hope the official release looks better then this

I have to agree, I'm really not impressed with this example.

Maybe it'll have some buildings to go along, making those vents and all more understandable?

Why are we assuming that is sidewalk (we civilised folks call it a footpath or pavement FYI), I was thinking it was covered drain/sewer channels.

Chaplain

New tile spotted in GW's Stormclaw video...

Check time point 1:52

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/07/sector-imperialis-bundle-degli-orki-e.html"]L'Astropate[/URL] 7-16-2014
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wd-25-01.jpg 
Views:	832 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	9969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wd-25-02.jpg 
Views:	1077 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	9970
    Another shot of one of the tiles, as well as pricing for the new tile sets:
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

Hmm... I like that they're doing an urban Realm of Battle, but there's too much detail. I think they're trying too hard to Imperial-ify it. Just some streets and sidewalks with a smattering of broken concrete and maybe some embossed eagles would have been nice. But this is overkill.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Battle-Brother

Not sure if I like it or not. The original board was a great idea in principal, but in execution it was somewhat unsuccessful due to "wobbly model syndrome" (gimme a stepped hill any day) and the random charnel pits.

It's too early to say from a couple of scanned/re-photographed images how good it looks but i think the price is fairly reasonable.

And the new DV is the same price or a couple of quid extra (not much tbh) and does represent excellent value for money. I bought 2 when it first came out and sold the 2nd to a mate. Kept my copy for the rules etc. In the (very slow) process of painting up the DA contingent to flog on everyone's favourite online auction site...

So not impressed with the new ROB board, 3 copies each of 2 different tiles. seriously so underwhelming.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast