BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default What Winston and Strawn Lawyers do when they're not helping CHS...

I'll just leave this here - no jokes about 'Pro Boner' work at the back of the class...

[URL="http://www.legalcheek.com/2014/06/junior-lawyer-doubles-as-on-line-underwear-model/?fb_action_ids=10152487847621183&fb_action_types=o g.likes"]http://www.legalcheek.com/2014/06/junior-lawyer-doubles-as-on-line-underwear-model/?fb_action_ids=10152487847621183&fb_action_types=o g.likes[/URL]
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

Why is this news? So someone has two jobs to make ends meet, and the second job is modelling. Why is this scandalous? I wouldn't be surprised if he is fired because of repressed fools making enough complaints to his law firm that they decide to ditch him and that fact - that doing something completely legal and not at all immoral can cause one to lose their job - is disgusting. Shame on Legal Cheek.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

I think it is unlikely he will be fired. If it were a female junior partner then maybe. But yes this isn't news and they had no business reporting it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Why is it not news? I mean, if this individual's contract prevents him doing something like this and he has done it anyway, the onus is on him. If the contract doesn't say anything like that and he was disciplined he could try and fight it.

But as to it not being news, clearly unless one is a congenital idiot, one must realise that the whole purpose of modelling is to provide a human clothes horse to display the wares of a designer/tailor. And display implies a level of public exposure. Presumably a lawyer is clever enough to know this.

Incidentally I don't criticise the individual, I think he is clearly a buff fellow in good shape and if he is making some spondoolicks on the side flaunting what nature gave him, good luck to him.

Well if his contract prohibits it then it is a matter for his bosses to discipline him, still not sure why it is news. The article only speculates that his bosses may be unimpressed afterall. Doing a bit of perfectly legal modelling work in his time just doesn't eem like the business of a website about lawyery things.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Why is it not news?
    It's a model modelling. This is not news worthy, this is banal. Yet the website is trying to make it newsworthy by saying "but wait, this model is also a lawyer, isn't that outrageous!" when no, it's not, they're all twits. It's pure clickbait. When I saw the title and the opening parts of the article I assumed there must be something genuinely interesting and potentially scandalous going on, like someone had been arrested for participating in a naked protest or the like.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Chapter-Master

Clearly news is in the eye of the beholder Morgrim - you would consider an arrest for naked protest 'genuinely interesting' so presumably newsworthy - some legal beagle, from soemthing tedious like planning law, may be salivating into their wigs and robes over these phots.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    It's a model modelling. This is not news worthy, this is banal. Yet the website is trying to make it newsworthy by saying "but wait, this model is also a lawyer, isn't that outrageous!" when no, it's not, they're all twits. It's pure clickbait. When I saw the title and the opening parts of the article I assumed there must be something genuinely interesting and potentially scandalous going on, like someone had been arrested for participating in a naked protest or the like.
    Sounds like most of the articles in the 40k news thread.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD