Mounted in a Rhino w/ smoke

9x sisters + 2x Meltagun
    +VSS + Power weapon/Bolt Pistol and BookSL
    Mounted in a Rhino w/ smoke

6x seraphim 2x Inferno Pistol
    + VSS w/ Evisc
    Frags

2x Exorcist w/ mounted SB

SoB near me is really rare army - so I really have no clue what to take. Biggest question about Canoness - I admit that I copied hers config from the web and have no Idea how to use her.

There are some Chaos, SM, Orks and Eldars in my club so my plan is to have fun with them
    If someone have good taktical advice on how SoB work in 5th ed - I'd be glad to hear all
    Last edited by Spellscape; 08-03-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Librarian

There are three common canoness builds. Build one is the Monster hunter -- jet pack, 2+ armor save, litanies of faith, Blessed Weapon and frags. the Second is the tank killer, exchanging the BW for an eviscerator and possibly an Inferno Pistol. The third is the Martyr--jump pack, BoSL, Blessed Weapon. this third version uses a single faith point or less to kill something tough (perhaps an enemy HQ) and then intentionally gets herself killed to generate an additional 2 faith for the rest of your army.

Cool

What Canoness version is best against orks? IG? SM?

Scout

I find that a Canoness with

Blessed Weapon
    Bolt Pistol
    Cloak of St. Aspira
    Mantle of Ophelia
    Book of St. Lucius
    Bionics
    Jump Pack

is very good against just about anything. Honestly you can squeeze a Litanies of Faith in there to max out the points but it's not necessary. Now it is expensive, but this lady and a Seraphim squad took down Kharn, a Berzerker Squad and most of another Berzeker squad before being put down. Correct use of Spirit of the Martyr is key I've found.

Beyond that... honestly I recommend evisceraters for your VSS's. They wreck enemy units that normally destroy your sisters squads and god forbid if a walker assaults you, cause it will die.

And that's it from me!

Thank you all for your help
    Can someone explain to me what and how to correctly use Act Of Faith ?

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    the Second is the tank killer, exchanging the BW for an eviscerator and possibly an Inferno Pistol.
    How Canoness can have two handed and one-handed weapons simultaneously?

If I had the codex infront of me, i would quote the rule; the next best thing = have a look at the paragraph above the Armory List. It should explain the rules detailing allocation of weapons to characters.

Btw have you had a chance to play this army yet? Interested about the results.

Now - now I'm assembling and painting it. (I have almost all models)
    Just not sure what pistols give to canoness

Test run some ideas before building the final model. For most of my armies - I play 'as is' before I rush out and buy the model.
    But i guess i comes down to what role you want the cannoness to play: Ace's build is pretty nice - just be wary of other characters, O and use your Faith points - I have seen more than one SoB army be torn apart due to the owner forgetting to 'keep the faith alive!' (pun intended)....

My brother plays them and is brilliant with the faith points - a rapid firing SoB squad with AP1 on a 6 is mind-boggling deadly. 9 times out of 10 my Hive Tyrant is dead.... Not too happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellscape View Post
    Thank you all for your help
    Can someone explain to me what and how to correctly use Act Of Faith ?
    You mean how they work mechanically? Or which Acts of Faith lend themselves to use in what situations?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast