BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yet there's numerous examples of a pure remounting of a play by different companies. No change to story or setting, yet still considered art.

I totally agree though. Give me a reimagining over a remake any day (BSG is a good example of this working. Take the core, and build fresh)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I can't think of a remake that's an improvement over the original.
    Look at the state of the total recall, italian job, or Alfie as opposed to the original.

Now a a re-imagining of the a series like they did with BSG that has worked.

On the Bond front though I think they've ruined the entire franchise by trying to make it more like a Bourne film than a Bond film.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

Let the right one in (Låt den Rätte Komma In) and Let Me In are both very good, though there are only 2 years between them.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers , Fly, Ocean's 11,
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The Thing - Kurt Russell version. Fantastic remake, though also arguably more of a reimagining than a straight remake.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Let the right one in (Låt den Rätte Komma In) and Let Me In are both very good, though there are only 2 years between them.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers , Fly, Ocean's 11,
    Not seen the original ocean's 11, not seen the fly at all, only seen one Invasion of the body snatchers, dunno which one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    The Thing - Kurt Russell version. Fantastic remake, though also arguably more of a reimagining than a straight remake.
    Not seen the original.

Occuli Imperator

Isn't Tue Lies and Fatal Attraction both remakes?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Dunno, though if True lies is I'll allow some work because I love that film
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 06-27-2014 at 03:16 AM.

Occuli Imperator

I imagine the new True Grit is better than the John Wayne version.

I do love Wayne Westerns but some of them are more hammy than pig

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Give me a reimagining over a remake any day (BSG is a good example of this working. Take the core, and build fresh)
    I think I'm failing to see the distinction between a remake and a re-imagining. All films reflect the time at which they are made and a are different to theoriginals.
    So a remake does take the core and build fresh around it.

It's always gonna be a new directors choices and a production designers imagination.

p.s new BSG was chuffing awesome!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I imagine the new True Grit is better than the John Wayne version.

I do love Wayne Westerns but some of them are more hammy than pig
    its not better, its just more loyal to the original book. They are both great westerns though
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast