27 69.23%
  • No: These lists are dead and buried.

7 17.95%
  • Maybe

5 12.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Army Lists?

First-Captain

bringing this Warhammer thread back on topic (guys seriously not 40k here) I was looking through some folders, and damn what did I find?

Only the Warhammer Armies Mini-book that was given away in White Dwarf for the Kislev army, damn interesting army, very limited on troops and such, but certainly worth a look Bigox if you can find a copy, since it uses a lot of classic models....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

I love the Lizardmen Southlands list and I wish that GW would give us more additional style lists like those from the old days. You can technically use the normal list and use your own Southlands rules to be similar with Lizards and it can even work out ok but the difference is those little rule differences and weapon changes and special options. I also played WoC back during the Realms of Chaos book and I loved that. But now since they've added so much to the demons and beastmen it would be super overpowered.

I'm fairly new to warhammer, but if someone asked, I can't see why I'd say no? It doesn't seem like someone would use a super obscure list to power-game...

I have played against a few of those older style lists. Slayers, Kislev, Hell Pit. They are pretty cool. Some are dramatically overcosted but they usually are based more on theme than power. I'd say play some fun games with it. Especially if you actually have all that old stuff.
    The Waaagh Cast - A Warhammer Fantasy Podcast / Blog
    http://www.waaaghcast.net

Loved seeing Dogs of War on the table. Still do!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12