BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Nice pics Interrogator_chaplain, a force of rebel scum worthy of Imperial attention. I made a ship trip yesterday went to the shop I bought my starter set from (it's a ways away but good prices and good staff, love you Red Claw. Unfortunately all the shiny TIE Interceptors they had before were all gone so it was mainly a rebel buy.

A-wingX1 (all forward movement is green, nice!)
    B-wingX1 (anyone else notice the actual ship is to large to accomidate only one one peg, guess in close quarters he's adding a peg instead of subtracting)
    Z something headhunter (Cheap rebel ships?... Noooooooo...)
    Rebel transportX1 (haven't opened it yet)
    TIE BombersX2 (Sold out in my other two stores so I got two of them)

I'm teaching the game to a buddy tomorrow night. After the standard battle I plan a game (100 points, maybe less we will see how it goes) will let you guys have the details, heck I might even take some pictures. Insert appropriate star wars quote here.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brenlak View Post
    I'm teaching the game to a buddy tomorrow night. After the standard battle I plan a game (100 points, maybe less we will see how it goes) will let you guys have the details, heck I might even take some pictures. Insert appropriate star wars quote here.
    May the Schwartz be with you both!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Brenlak View Post

Stating the obvious no doubt, but do a starter set run first. Good for getting used to how maneuvers and that work!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Such a good day of games today! Four player X-Wing with 150 points total so each person picks 75 points worth of ships, played on a 4x4 board with a scattering of asteroids (I lobbied hard for those asteroids, evry game so far has had no obstacles).

The Breakdown

Rebels: Airen Cracken in Z-95 Headhunter with Homing missiles and Wingman
    Wes Janson in X-wing with Marksmanship Proton Torpedos and R5-P9

Outer Rim Smuggler in YT-1300 with Gunner and Navigator
    Horton Salm in Y-wing with Flechette Torpedoes, Proton Torpedoes, R2-D6, Marksmanship and Ion Turret

I seperated the force to show who picked which ships for the team, they also played those ships. Wes Janson and Airen Cracken worked really well together and were usually within range one of each other, or Horton Salm, with Cracken handing out free actions to Janson to turn into focus for R5-P9 to turn into shields at the end of combat (In fact through this action Janson the last ship of rebels standing at the end was still in full shields). Outer Rim Smuggler and a navigator was silly (Pilot skill of one but you can flip your dial to reveal the bearing but change the distance wasn't to effective when always moving first0.

Imperials: Bobba Fett in Firespray-31 with Slave one, Cluster missiles, Munitions Failsafe, Proximity mines and Rebel Captive
    Obsidian Squadron Pilot in TIE-Fightersx2

Carnor Jax in TIE-Interceptor with Royal Guard TIE, Hull Upgrade and Targeting computer
    Lieutenant Lorrir in TIE-Interceptor with the same as above
    Captian Jonus in TIE-Bomber with Squad Leader and Heavy Laser Cannon

I Played the Fett man and the regular TIEs, Rebel Captive was awesome high pilot skills are always going to shoot first so the stress token seems to count more since it's going to a better pilot. Captian Jonus was a wash, I really wish I would have payed better attention to what my partner picked, and it wasn't until after the game I see that TIE-Bombers can't even take that Heavy Laser Cannon.

So after playing the first two turns wrong ( Pilots with highest skills were moving first, whoops. chalked that one up to left handers) Both Slave One and the Falcon had blasted into the asteroid field and were hammering each other good. I had planned to enter the asteroid belt and deploy my mine never expected the Falcon to fly in there too, it screwed up movement big time it would have been the end of me (down to 4 hull at this point) but luckily I used Fetts piloting ability to collide with two Wes Janson and Cracken, rather than the Falcon, preventing them from shooting me. Besides a couple of wrong manoeuvers (whoops meant to do this direction but chose the opposite) and Slave One spending three out of six turns colliding with an asteroid (The last one caused a Direct Hit and left the Fett with only one Hull point), it was an Imperial Blowout. Both TIE-Fighters stayed on the Falcon at all times (Best moment was a barrel roll that left the TIE with line of sight after the Falcon moved, nice) and we just prioritized targets. The Rebels on the other hand hammered Fett for the first two turns and then picked different targets (we did outnumber them) but to be fair they left him with a blind pilot card and then he hit an asteroid( all part of his sinister plan!!). Another great part was when Wes Janson was blown apart by the TIE-Bombers Heavy Laser Cannon, this has caused contention in the group, and a desire for a rematch, so maybe it was a pickled Herring all along.
    Horton Salm caused the biggest argument in the game: When attacking at range 2-3 you may re-roll any of your blank results. He re rolled a blank and it came up blank again. He figured he should get another re roll, but that didn't make any sense in my head. If they wanted you to hit on a blank it would say may turn one blank result into a hit, what do you folks think?

well since this is the thread to be "showing" off our collections in, allow me to do so

The Noble Empire

7x Tie Fighters
    3x Tie Interceptors (regular)
    2x Tie Bombers
    1x Tie Advanced
    1x Tie Defender
    1x Lambda Class Shuttle
    1x Firespray 31

Rebel Scum

1x CR90 Corvette
    1x YT-1300
    1x HWK-290
    4x X-wing
    2x Y-wing
    2x A-wing
    2x B-wing

there are most definately plans for expansion.
    For the Imperials i'll most likely double the number of Tie Fighters i have now, get another Tie Bomber, Defender and Advanced, get 2 Tie Phantoms, get the Imperial Aces set 3 times, get atleast 1 more Firespray 31, get the soon to be released decimator twice for sure and then wait for a huge Imperial ship to be announced like a Tartan Patrol Cruiser.
    For the Rebels i'll be getting that big transport, the rebel aces set twice atleast, another 2 Y-wings, another HWK-290, the E-wing 3 times atleast and the same goes for the Z-95 Headhunter, and i want that new ship of theirs the YT-2400.
    Then there are the newly announced Scum & Villainy faction to look forward to, god it's like plastic crack.

grumble will probably take me a couple months of dispossible income to get all this stuff even more if also actually take that planned vacation and i'm guessing my girlfriend will not appreciate me blowing her off to buy more plastic space ships.
    (i might have a problem)

Played in a local tournament today, and managed to go 1W-3L. Not fantastic, but I've still played less than 10 games so far. List was as follows:

-"Dutch" Vander (23) - R5 K6 (2), Proton Torpedoes (4), Ion Cannon Turret (5), Munitions Failsafe (1). 35 Points.
    -Tala Squadron Pilot (13) - Concussion Missiles (4), Munitions Failsafe (1). 18 Points.
    -Lando Calrissian (44) - Elusiveness (2), Millenium Falcon (1). 47 Points.

I had some success chaining together Dutch and Lando by keeping them close allowing Lando to give Dutch a free action, so I would usually focus him and then use the free action provided by Lando to acquire a target lock and then give Lando a target lock in return.

The one win was when I managed to nail a Firespray and Tie Phantom within two turns of each other and not losing a ship. (Full disclosure is that he was around the same skill level as me at this time.)

Worst loss was to another Rebel player using his ABC list (Airen Cracken, Biggs Darklighter and Corran Horn) and he just wiped me out using Corran and Airen to blow all of the shields off the Falcon in one turn. I nailed Airen, but was wiped out by Biggs and Corran.

Poor Tala Pilot was always the first to go.

Ahh well, I had some good moves and things are getting better, but it's back to the drawing board!

Veteran-Sergeant

Last week on Intervention: Lambda Shuttle (I have two now and this ones wings actually stay up!)
    Imperial Aces (I have two now, is it weird I want two more?)
    Z-95 Headhunter (These guys really help fill the gap when you need some cheapies)
    A-Wing (Don't really know what to do with these guys)
    CR-90 (Anyone play the campaign it comes with? looks good)

I played a couple of games too but I will break them down later (Spoilers I lost both of them!).

Veteran-Sergeant

Well it has been another week and the contents of those two games have evaporated into the cloud so instead here was today's game, 200 points.

Rebel Scum:
    Chewbacca YT-1300- 42
    Hobbie Klivian X-Wing, Proton Torpedoes- 29
    Biggs Darklighter X-Wing, Proton Torpedoes- 29
    Red Squadron Pilot- 23
    Arvel Crynyd A-Wing- 23
    Tycho Celchu A-Wing, Assault Missiles- 31
    Dagger Squadron Pilot B-Wing, Heavy Laser Cannon- 31

Forces of Law and Order:
    Colonel Jendon Lambda Shuttle, Weapons Engineer, Darth Vader, Sensor Jammers, Anti Pursuit Lasers- 38
    Captian Jonus TIE-Bomber, Marksmanship, Munitions Failsafe, Flechette Torpedoes, Cluster Missiles- 32
    Gamma Squadron Pilot TIE- Bomber, Munitions Failsafe, Flechette Torpedoes, Cluster Missiles, Proximity Mines- 28
    Tetran Cowall TIE-Interceptor- 24
    Saber Squadron Pilot TIE-Interceptor- 21
    Night Beast TIE-Fighter- 15
    Black Squadron Pilot TIE-Fighter, Veteran Instincts- 15
    Black Squadron Pilot TIE-Fighter- 14
    Obsidian Squadron Pilot TIE-Fighter- 13

We Played Lengthwise on a 6x3 table.

Highlights of the game: I was large and in charge the first few turns, acquiring target locks for my bombers with my shuttle then giving focus to the bombers really was cool, though they never used the full array of weapons I gave them (even though I halved what they took last time), and once again I forgot to use Captain Jonus's ability all game. Dice were on my side though and soon the shields were depleted on most rebel ships( wide set up and early branching of into groups prevented me from my usual tactic of hammering a foe to death before choosing another target) with very little damage to my own eyeballs.
    Half way through saw a cluster of collisions around the middle of the table, resulting in lost opportunity for attacks by me, which led to several TIE-Fighters receving damage. In the end it was my determination to hunt down Chewbacca that led to the turn around. I was gunning for that ship and my enemy new it, I should have focused on ships relative to combat instead of chasing the golden snitch and making my intentions obvious.

What I learned all in all:
    -check your opponents build list! I was cheated gosh darn it! I'm going to build a roster sheet for this game, they are extremely useful in Warhammer.
    -Lambda shuttle is better at buffing and debuffing than fighting. People are gonna gun for it because it's big (Rebel Prisoner all the way), but it's still best not to fly it without having your next three moves planned(or three of your opponents figured out). My next shuttle is going to have the following:
    Colonel Jendon Lambda-Class Shuttle, Sensor Jammers, Anti-Pursuit Lasers, Rebel Prisoner, and the Title card: those have proven to weigh more than a duck.
    -The "B" in B-Wing stands for boss, put some Sensor Jammers on there and wow.
    -Bigg Darklighter's ability totally makes sense, kill the traitor!

I have won a single game out of my battles so far so maybe I am not the guy to give advice, I clearly need it. I am going to try out a TIE-Phantom next time heck, Mr. Mystery has been saying that since I found this beauty of a forum, but I could use some help, eh. Besides being less transparent in my moves what else can I do. Help me BOLSey Wan Kenobi, your my only hope...

I had my first X-Wing League day today, got in a pair of games before my on-call work phone sent me to work.

Was playing with the Rebel Ace, Nera Dantels for the first time, and dang, she is a solid hitter! I went 1-1 today with this list:
    100 Points
    Nera Dantels (26) Proton Torpedoes (4), Proton Torpedoes (4), Veteran Instincts (1), Munitions Failsafe (1)
    Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)
    Dagger Squadron Pilot (24)
    Bandit Squadron Pilot (12), Ion Pulse Missiles (3), Munitions Failsafe (1)

The list was a heavy hitter style list, going into that first enfilade with a lot of dice if it gets up close. I played the Bandit and Nera as flankers to my Dagger Squadron center, everyone focuses onto the highest priority threat, weathers the fire from high PS pilots and wipes out the threat. This almost worked perfectly in the first match, but I whiffed a few dice rolls against Wedge Antilles and the dirty rotter stayed alive and eventually cost me the game.

My second game, which I won, gave this list a little bit of validation. I used the formation correctly and blew Han Solo in the Falcon to pieces in 2 turns of heavy B-Wing fire. The pair of Red Squadron pilots were slippery enough and the game ended with Nera chasing down the final wounded Red Squadron Pilot and using the Target Lock to finally end him as I just got called into work.

I still need to deal with checking asteroid positions before I commit to movement, but I am getting better at it. I also need to tattoo (ACTIONS AFTER MOVEMENT) onto my hand, so that I will remember to do it every time.

I am so psyched to tune this list. Triple B-Wings puts the fear into your enemies eyes, try it, you'll see.

Just treated myself to some Rebel Scum.

This month, my naughty fleet expands with two Y-Wings, and a B-Wing (may get a further B-Wing later)....

sourced from [url]www.boardgameextras.co.uk[/url] who I highly recommend. And they still appear to have B-Wings in stock, and not at ridiculous, scalper prices, but a very respectable £10!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast