BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

I was meant to be playing this Thursday, but a mate's birthday drinks clash.

I'll get me cards out though and have a play with the lists!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Another Round o Hunting and here's my fleet...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1688.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	13460Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1689.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	13461Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1690.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	13462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1693.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	132.2 KB 
ID:	13463

Bonus point's to whomever can name the animals those skulls are from...
    Soon I will buy a shelf and then they can leave the Fridgerator Nebula...

Veteran-Sergeant

So after reading through this thread (and some others) I decided to jump into X-Wing. My FLGS was having a sale and I decided that this game may be easier to get my friends to play as opposed to 40K. So after three trips to the store over as many days I now have the following:

1x starter set
    1x x-wing
    1x e-wing
    1x rebel aces
    1x imperial aces
    1x TIE interceptor
    2x TIE defender
    1x Firespray (Slave 1)

It really started cause the shop owner gave me a Slave 1 to go towards replacing some of my Boba Fett collection I lost in a fire (it's a really nice mini and looks good on display). After that I decided to jump in an start to play.

Veteran-Sergeant

Sounds like a nice starting bundle Horncastle, like how you got the TIE-Interceptor as well as the Imperial aces, that means you get Baron Fel to lead your Interceptors. I have many a friend who won't touch 40k but will play this.

And they do look great on display! I have a bunch of Star Wars action figures in storage (Mostly ships, but some other cool stuff too) and now its like why would I hang up an X-Wing fighting off some TIE-Fighters from my ceiling when I have these little ones with proper scaling that look great and are part of a game. Now they are hella logical and you look like so much less of a nerd!

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah I got the interceptor on the first day. No real thought behind it other then it's one of my favorite ships. I've loved the look of it ever since I had an old micro machines one.

Veteran-Sergeant

Your gonna love those boost movements! It's still a rite of passage to take a team of TIE's 6 strong before you get to use the actually functional ship.

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks like I am replying to myself AGAIN (well at least I am good company)

Pretty much done with my scum nowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1877.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	13975Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1879.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	268.8 KB 
ID:	13976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1880.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	13977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1882.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	13978

Final Scum Count:

M3-A Interceptor x6 I started with 3 and quickly picked up 3 more when I noticed how quick they were flying off shelves; and good on me! These babies pack a whallop. basically a cheap cannon mount

Z-95 Headhunter x4 All from Most Wanted, one has a tip missing from its gun at first I hated it but now I think it's suitably scummy

Star Viper x3 It's tight but you can do three for 100 points

Y-Wings x4 Two are Most Wanted the others are just Y-Wings but I did purchase them just for the scum (I even threw the Rebel dial away, What do you call Rebels when scum becomes a better word?)

HWK-90 x2 Again because of Most Wanted, two sets mean two scum HWK-90 dials, plus they are pretty wicked cool with the scum build in rebels I always ended up using it as an extra Ion turret platform. That's all the Most wanted Dials used up except the Firesprays.

Firespray-31 x2 Boosh! Can't wait to try out the bomb guy

IG-2000 x3 I know I said I would get four of these before Armada but you never want to collect ALL the pieces of the puzzle right away (Now I have an excuse to go back to the game store!).

Well that's everything. Basically two Most Wanted worth of ships (Gotta fill those dials!) and some other scums. Now if the Raider would just hurry up already...
    Last edited by Brenlak; 05-06-2015 at 07:30 PM.

I've just not bought anything since Scum came out!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

My X-Wing skrilla comes from not buying GW lately. Been looking at starting another army (or should I say painting some Dark Eldar). Picked up the "new" Dark Eldar codex, what a rip off, certainly don't get much printed word for $60 these days.

Veteran-Sergeant

Here's a little movie to get you in the X-Wing mood, coolest thing I have seen in awhile.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast