BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

....dark side thy name is X-wing....

Veteran-Sergeant

Oh the sweet thrill of the hunt! Went to check on a little comic shop up the road, and in the very back display case (covered in clutter) I found them, the YT-1300 and the Firespray-31! Haven't been able to find these two yet, and the guy at the shop I was at yesterday told me they didn't make them anymore. On top of this all the figures at this wee shop were a couple bucks cheaper than at any of the other stores I have seen them in, so I picked up a TIE Defender, and an additional X and Y-wing to flesh out the terrorist side. Actually looking at my ships the Y-wing was two dollars more than the other ships, and it has a price tag underneath the top one, showing it was the same price before. Wonder what's up with that? Tomorrow I'm heading to my FLGS after work for X-wing night, may the Force be with me! (and to all my fellow BOLSers, just not to the degree it's with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Brenlak View Post
    Oh the sweet thrill of the hunt! Went to check on a little comic shop up the road, and in the very back display case (covered in clutter) I found them, the YT-1300 and the Firespray-31! Haven't been able to find these two yet, and the guy at the shop I was at yesterday told me they didn't make them anymore. On top of this all the figures at this wee shop were a couple bucks cheaper than at any of the other stores I have seen them in, so I picked up a TIE Defender, and an additional X and Y-wing to flesh out the terrorist side. Actually looking at my ships the Y-wing was two dollars more than the other ships, and it has a price tag underneath the top one, showing it was the same price before. Wonder what's up with that? Tomorrow I'm heading to my FLGS after work for X-wing night, may the Force be with me! (and to all my fellow BOLSers, just not to the degree it's with me!)
    Completely false. They do reprint runs all the time. Go [URL="http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp"]here[/URL] and select Reprints and Miniatures, Falcon and Slave 1 reprints are due sometime Q3.

For that link, Mr Patrick Boyle, I award you 19,000 Strawberry flavoured Internets!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Completely false. They do reprint runs all the time. Go here and select Reprints and Miniatures, Falcon and Slave 1 reprints are due sometime Q3
    Yeah I believe it. Have had some issues with that particular store a couple times ( Completely screwed up a couple orders, say they re-stock there palladium books but nothing new has come in for ages [when I say new I mean copies of older print books not just new releases], that kind of stuff) I like to support local shops but they led me to the internet due to incompetence.

Well I never made it down to my store for X-wing night, ( Had one of our Bison farmers come in with an animal he wanted butchered for tomorrows market, didn't feel right in refusing just so I could go out and play; the outcome a long day) on the bright side that's all for the pocketwad! Getting set up to play a game against a neighbor so I can still practice my skills. My chosen units so far are Darth Vader piloting a TIE advanced, flanked by Winged Gundark and Howlrunner ( Darth is a must, my neighbor has beaten me every time with Luke Skywalker, Papa Vader needs to keep his pimp arm strong!), gonna get in close and hopefully close the deal on a ship every combat phase. Gonna keep the TIE Phantom out this round ( I desperately want to try it out, but I need to review cloaking first) but TIE bomber is in there for sure! Then I will fill the rest out with regular TIEs. He doesn't have his own models so will be using my "freedom fighters" 3 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, the HWK-90 and YT-1300 I don't expect much of a fight ( Though he did watch a video online with an unstoppable group of three X-wings, Luke, Biggs, and Wedge, R2-D2 and some extra shields). Long Live the Emperor!

There's a kanck to cloaking I've found.

And that knack is knowing your opponent has no more idea of where your ship is actually going to pop up than you do, so it doesn't matter a great deal! (no, really! Tried this with Echo and it worked really well!)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Great weekend, played some games and introduced a couple new people to X-wing I would call that a success. Played lots of little skirmishes, and a couple scenarios but the highlight was my 100 point game. My crew: Darth Vader in his TIE Advanced, Howlrunner palling around with him, Winged Gundark to the left flank of them, and Major Rhymer bringing up the right flank. This only gave me enough points left for a willpower on Vader, Daredevil for Howlrunner and a munitions failsafe, proton torpedo and cluster missiles. The enemy Luke Skywalkers X-wing with RD-D2 and marksman armed with proton torpedo(if I recall) and Han Solo in the Falcon, with Chewbacca, Nien Nunb, expose and a concussion missile. (I tried to talk him out of the Falcon, as it was both of our first time playing one hundred points) Things were looking good for me with Winged Gundark hitting Luke, and Major Rhymer unleashing the concussion missiles on Skywalker to leave the whiny B with a single hull point left! Luke squared off on his old man for a damage to shields. Then it happened (Call it beginners cramps) the Falcon plowed right down the line, colliding with Howlrunner and generally screwing movement and line of sight for both of us for a couple rounds. during those rounds the Falcon, in one round, blew the Gundark rout of the ... uhh sky. whittled down the falcons shields while Luke ran in the opposite direction to green manuvere his shields back. The next round saw a beauty of a combat against the Falcon, a critical hit causing it to lose an agility (his only agility)... until Chewie fixed it. After destroying the TIE-bomber the Falcon abruptly turned the wrong way and ran off the table. Rest was classic, Vader hit Luke, removing the shields R2 had restored, Luke killed Vader, and Howlrunner (having Daredeviled his Kloogurian turn) took Lukes last hull point. That was the gist, I will post my musings later because this is already super long.

First-Captain

had two brilliantly fun games on Saturday - one had me with Wedge, Biggs and Corran go up against 5 unnamed Ties of various types. At one point I had exactly three hitpoints left (two on Wedge and one on Corran, who had gotten wounded in the process costing me Push the Limit) against all of his ships, although some of them were damaged to differing degrees. Game ended with Corran taking his second shot of the turn killing an Interceptor that had Range 1 on me as well, so would probably have vaporised me in return - but jeez Corran is a late-game monster, especially with Advanced Sensors and Engine Upgrade meaning he can get away quickly to rest for a turn after taking his double shot...
    The other was very small due to time constraints - just a decked out Whisper (and I mean really decked out... 45ish points just for the heck of it - after each attack I got a Cloak, Target Lock and Focus token, plus Gunner...) against two Rookie Xs. Well, Whisper led them on a merry chase, allowing them a few pot shots before turning about and one-shotting both of them, one after the other... man Phantoms are fun to fly!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Phantoms are great little ships!

They look brilliant, are fun to use, and so, much, DAKKA! Spesh at range 1!

Only downside is their relative fragility, with only two shields (no current way to restore that I'm aware of), and two hull you only need to be caught out once and it's curtains!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    you only need to be caught out once and it's curtains!
    or play against a Falcon (or YT2400/Decimator, once those are out), from which you can't hide... which is totally a good thing, everything should have its counters!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast