BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Huzzah! Another successful dealing with the website detailed above.

Will definitely, 100% be buying from them in the fyootcha.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Will definitely, 100% be buying from them in the fyootcha.
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away you mean?

going to get our group's collection of ships pretty much completed tomorrow - everything but the TIE/Adv will be available, most in reasonable quantities as well, as in, five TIE/F, three TIE/I and XWings, double B, A [hooray for ABBA squadron ) and TIE/B and single copies for the rest - could probs use another Z95 or two and maybe another Y, but other than that I don't see us needing extra copies of existing ships too much
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Nice.

I think this is a very good game for a club to run, simply because it's relatively cheap to get a decent selection of ships together, and for a NooB, they all fly largely the same (as in the basic versions don't have fancy pants rules unique to that ship).

Really need to visit the club more often, but I'm usually too pooped from work!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Word!

Top Tip for sharing - target lock tokens + loom bands = ease of finding pairs!

Saw this flagged up on Facebook, and bought some loom bands today (50p for 300 in Tesco) - and all target lock tokens now buddied up in my storage box.

Nice and easy!

Lifted off Facebook, which lifted it off another, unnamed online source.

Veteran-Sergeant

Is there any problem that cannot be solved by tiny elastic bands? MacGyver says no!

Veteran-Sergeant

Heeeey youuu guuuys!

Been a while since I posted anything, mostly because of a Redneck tendency to fear change (I am addicted to Internet, I was online almost every day) so I took a break from the computer to enjoy life's other pursuits (Ice fishing, Skiing, enjoying good food with good friends, Zombicide) but I'm embracing the computer age now. Even got myself a new camera (well new to me, anyhow)

Had myself a little photo shoot today...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1663.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	245.9 KB 
ID:	12864
    Our Brave Heroes

Name:	DSCF1677.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	12865
    The Dastardly Enemy

Name:	DSCF1661.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	12866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1672.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	12867
    Here is where they live for now, new shelves in a couple months

I am pretty set for ships(I think?)
    Missing from the pics is the single TIE Interceptor I have. Two more and I will be happy camper.
    With Scum soon to drop I wouldn't mind another HWK-90 and another Y-Wing or two, and of course I need another YT-2400 just to have two of everything.

I might have stopped posting for a bit but I never stopped reading, I have loved (even with all the magic ponies everywhere) this site since I read a thread about GW prices in Australia that turned into a guy talking about archery and two other people arguing over basically nothing. I am going to post more, because as it was described to me by a nerd who is big into Day-Z the internet is great because everybody contributes, if your just taking and not giving back your missing the point.

Well, as of (in theory) tomorrow, I'm back at X-Wing Numberwang, as I will own at least one of everything.

Got there last week with the procurement of the Transport and Lambda, but this morning Scum and Villainy hit the UK.

So off to [url]www.gameslore.com[/url] I went, and ordered up two of everything, two more Scyk for good measure, and a third Most Wanted for a friend (because Gameslore do a sliding scale of discount up to 10%, so it made sense to tack onto my order, as it was at the 7.5% discount stage).

Should be here tomorrow, when I'll be as giddy as a kid in a candy shop. And I plan to get them all shot down by better players at my local club on Thursday!

I'm glad you guys are still here :-)

I've been concentrating on Mars Attacks for a while. I haven't played x wing for weeks, although I have been quietly expanding my collection. Anyway, it's our store tournament on saturday so I hope to play a couple of prep games beforehand - I squeezed the first in last night. There are going to be three (!!) phantom heavy lists, two with 3 x phantoms. As a counter i'm going for Fat Han and 3 x bandits. I've never spent much time "flying" large ships but enjoyed the experience immensely. A Han Solo-piloted falcon with C3PO and predator is lethal. I'm not sure how to get the best out of Z-95s. I usually go with X's and B's so Z's feel a little flimsy. Any hints/tips are gladly received.

Try Mara Jade in with Echo.

Stress Bomb, Stress Bomb, I'm your Stress Bomb.....

Veteran-Sergeant

Mystery I think he is playing Rebel Scum.

As far as Z-95s I cant get them to do much either, but I can say is the Y-Wing really knows how to pull up its pants and preform. I have read lots of talk aboot how action management has become important in this game and a Y-Wing with an Ion Turret will really deny your opponent his actions, no matter what fire arc he is in. With FatHan this isnt enough to win you the games so I guess the next step is to figure out how 2 Z-95's can take advantage of a ship with an ion token on it.

I just read phantom heavy, that means you need guys with a high enough pilot skill to shoot at the TIE-Phantoms before they cloak. I will have to take a look but if the Y-Wing pilots have to low ahh.. uh Pilot then he won't work. I guess the only cure to a Phantom List is really good rebel pilots!
    Last edited by Brenlak; 02-24-2015 at 11:40 PM. Reason: because

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast